Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You win 100k on the lottery. What do you do with it?
  • Andy-R

I’d spend some of it (€30k?) on renovating the part of our Greek house that, at the minute, we can’t afford to do. The rest we’d just use to make life a bit easier/enjoyable.

maccruiskeen

I’d buy a really expensive watch…

You wouldn’t get to own it though, you’d only be looking after it. Like taking the school guinea pig home for the holidays.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d put a chunk in my pension, another wad in a stocks & shares ISA, probably buy a vehicle with a towing capacity to match our new caravan we’re getting in February, either a vw van or something like a discovery, pull my retirement forward a couple of years.

I don’t really need anything so my ‘spending’ is a bit dull. Might buy some carbon wheels.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’d buy a really expensive watch…

Buying a really expensive wristwatch would be ridiculously extravagant. So I’d buy 10,000 Casios.

That way I can have a new one every day of my life.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Pack my job in and get some blokes to do my loft conversion for me so i can ride my bike, climb and go to the gym. I’d also buy an Omega Flightmaster in mint condition.

stewartc
    Free Member

I would reap my revenge on a few people…brings out small notepad.

Apart from obviously the mortgage/pension, I would probably look at taking a year off to visit those places I always wanted to visit but probably would never get a chance.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Buy a could e of houses in run down pars of Wales and set them up as B&B for bikers, model plan flyers and the like who like run down parts of the country.

edd

Spruce my bike – new rear shock and 1×11 drivetrain.

Go travelling somewhere, probably two holidays – one with my bike and one with my girlfriend. Nothing too extravagant.

Fix all the annoying things on my car – aux input not working, fuel filler cap not staying shut and treat it to a good service.

Buy a watch – Omega Aqua Terra or Rolex Datejust.

The rest would be invested for kids/ pension/ a rainy day.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be tempted to at least shop for a new Enduro Steed. I’d be curious to see how much of an improvement modern geometry would be over my Patriot.. if at all.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘You win 100k on the lottery. What do you do with it?’ is closed to new replies.