Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You see when people die…
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

…why are they all “pure as the driven snow, brand new, salt of the earth, a scholar and a gentleman etc “? How come nobody ever describes them as nasty piece of work, dobber, muppet etc…

tazzymtb

you don’t talk ill of the dead, because they may just come back to haunt you.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Good people die, bad people don’t. Fact.

spacemonkey

racefaceec90

i’m pretty sure that not many people had a good word about this dictator after he died 😉

stuey
    Free Member

I guess you weren’t at my uncle’s funeral – vicar had to take the mike from one less reserved mourner. Edit I’m in no way comparing him to the above 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

+1 Tazzy.

No one likes being haunted.

brakes
    Free Member

do they have no memory once their dead? all those times you called them a cockbag erased from memory when they pass over? they only hear when you speak ill of them once they’re brown bread?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I guess you weren’t at my uncle’s funeral

No, I missed it sorry.

cynic-al
    Free Member

They remember stuff after their dead.

brakes
    Free Member

who do?

scaredypants

They remember stuff after there dead

🙄

glupton1976
    Free Member

Has Godwins law been invoked already?

RustySpanner

glupton1976 – Member

…why are they all “pure as the driven snow, brand new, salt of the earth, a scholar and a gentleman etc “? How come nobody ever describes them as nasty piece of work, dobber, muppet etc…

You usually hear the good stuff about people at funerals.
    I don’t know about you, but I tend not to go to the funerals of people I hate.
    Well, maybe a couple, just to really make sure the bastards were dead, but not normally.

alex222
    Free Member

They remember stuff after they’re dead

*sighs*

grum
    Free Member

There was a freakonomics podcast about this recently. Quite interesting.

http://www.freakonomics.com/2012/07/19/legacy-of-a-jerk-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcasts/

yunki
    Free Member

I went to a good old friend’s funeral last year..

After a rather touching eulogy about a complete stranger that was given by the minister during the service, a rather more fitting eulogy was conducted outside in the car park by one of the more outspoken guests..
    (although the bit about him sleeping with a lump hammer as a toddler and sharing an affinity with the Bulgarian Gypsy community was true..)

without a shadow of a doubt, the funniest part of the day, bar all the fighting at the wake..

‘he wasn’t a good friend to everyone present… he’s headbutted everyone present’

and..

‘he wasn’t kind to strangers.. not ever.. only last week we were drinking in the pub, and within half an hour of meeting a fella that was down on holiday, he’d thrown his false teeth onto the roof and nicked ten quid off him..!!’

😆

scaredypants

alex222 – Member

sees float bobbing
    waits

😆

(or possibly the Edinborough defence ?)

djglover
    Free Member

Godwins law and extreem pedantry in 10 replies. This thread could be used to show aliens how teh internets work.

alex222
    Free Member

sees float bobbing
    waits

Of course it is easy to say that you intentionally did that. No one can prove otherwise. God will judge you.

tazzymtb

God will judge you.

OMG …..woppit bait……

nealglover
    Free Member

Edinborough

*sighs* 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

It happened when Reagan died, suddenly he was responsible for bringing about world peace… even the BBC went a bit doolally.

cynic-al
    Free Member

alex222 – Member
    They remember stuff after they’re dead
    *sighs*

WHOOSH!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

No-one is perfect and many people are mostly imperfect. But we still loved them. What would be the point of complaining about their rough edges after they are dead? So we just remember why we loved them: the good bits.

alex222
    Free Member

Edinborough
    *sighs*

scaredypants – Member

scaredypants

ssshhhhh, hes back

nealglover, pass the net

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘You see when people die…’ is closed to new replies.