Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You remember that plane crash a couple of weeks ago?
  • andrewh
    Free Member

The one where the two planes full of skydivers hit each other in mid-air?
    Here’s the video.
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/12/heres-the-hd-footage-of-that-mid-air-skydiving-plane-crash/
    A few minor injuries but no fatalities.
    Reasonably intelligent coments underneath too, seems STW isn’t the internet’s only home of knowledgable people.

jodafett

Wowsers!!!

yunki
    Free Member

That is some dramatic footage 😯

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Bloody hell, madness!

kayak23

😯

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7p6hqMnsLFY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7p6hqMnsLFY[/video]

fasthaggis

I always thought that those Go Pros were dangerous .
    You see a lot of crazy stuff happening to people that wear them 😀

CountZero

😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

More blind spots than a lorry LOL

rossi46
    Free Member

😯

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I was terrified someone would get ht by a propeller. Any news on the pilots?

crikey
    Free Member

I think 1 pilot bailed out and one managed to limp his damaged plane down.

You can tell it’s in a foreign place though; in the UK there would have been a lot more proper swearing.

hora
    Free Member

Holy shit. BOTH pilots ok?

crikey
    Free Member

No fatalities at all. Safe as houses jumping out of planes with a sheet tied to your back. Probably more dangerous to drive to the airport.

faz083
    Free Member

Can’t see how one pilot actually landed??!! One caught fire, the other was missing a wing!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Merlin’s beard

piemonster

Christ on a bicycle

pondo
    Free Member

That HD footage is nuts – proper miracle they all got out of that, think I’ve seen a video whee the one plane lands to the applause of the parachutists.

But Richard I Bong airport? Seriously?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’m guessing the flash was the fuel in the right hand tank catching. Lucky they had chutes on the pilot as he’s not landing it after that. What incredible footage. What did we do before the go pro?

brakes
    Free Member

shit the bed!

Drac

Fake you can see the strings.

arrpee
    Free Member

I imagine there were a few bargain jumpsuits for sale on eBay the following day. Probably with ‘mild to moderate soiling’.

brooess
    Free Member

One of the great things about skydiving is if anything goes wrong with the plane you’ve got a pretty good chance of surviving – just get out the door!

matther01
    Free Member

Looks like at least one person wasnt paying attention to the road

footflaps

One of the great things about skydiving is if anything goes wrong with the plane you’ve got a pretty good chance of surviving – just get out the door!

As long as you’re above about 2000′, otherwise you’ll struggle to get out and deploy in time. They’ve had a whole plane full of skydivers killed when it crashed shortly after take off.

samuri
    Free Member

that’s crazy. Goes to show how well experienced people react to crisis though.

andrewh
    Free Member

1,000′ footflaps, we were always told to stay with the aircraft if it got into trouble below that height.
    However, I beleive some military types jump from lower?
    BASE jumpers too (they don’t carry reserves, by the time they’ve relaised there is a problem with the main it’s a bit late for a reserve to do anything)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘You remember that plane crash a couple of weeks ago?’ is closed to new replies.