Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • You need this beer in your life
  • CountZero

Lots of interesting brews here. Just got in from the pub, had a couple of Bank's, really nice flavoursome beer, considering it's only 3.8 ABV. Had a couple of Top Hat's last night, 4.8ABV, and very tasty they were, too.

langy
    Free Member

Corroded – you a former Adelaidean then? I prefer the Dark Ale, but hard to go wrong when most pubs here have Pale on tap whether a 'good' pub or not, beerwise. Way better than Fosters or kronenbourg choice many leave you with in most UK unless you are careful…

Waiting for a box of Australian (mainly South Australian at that) Microbrews to rock up this week – can't wait!

this in the fridge for a bit later…

Oh, and any Aussie based STWers, I recommend http://www.adelaidebiershop.com.au/home.php
    for great service, great choice of interesting beers with lots of good SA micros in particular.

organic355
    Free Member

I am enjoying this stuff at the moment, delicious, and made in Scotland!!

Trashy Blonde is quite nice too:

thejesmonddingo

Had a few afternoons recently in the North Bar in Leeds,drinking Schneider Edel-Weisse,can't seem to get it anywhere else in UK as it's brewed for the American market.Yum

zokes
    Free Member

Langy, we're emigrating to Adelaide in a month or so. The beer situation is the bit I've been dreading! Posting links like that will get you a drunken kiss! 😉

(Mind you, some of it seems a pit pricey!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone tried Tactical Nuclear Penguin?

corroded
    Free Member

Langy – no, just spend a lot of time in Aus, in Melbourne. As you say, got to love the fact there's such a great beer on tap so widely. Where's your box of beers coming from? All the way from SA?

Zokes – you have nothing to fear at all. There's a thriving microbrewery scene in Australia, more so than here I reckon. I wish you many warm, sunny evenings trying them!

EDIT: pricing – yes, some things, good beer included, are quite expensive. $15-16 for a six pack of Coopers from the local bottleshop. Other stuff is cheaper (eating out in Adelaide is good value) – I reckon it evens out, ruinous exchange rate notwithstanding.

Another fave brewery near Melbourne:

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

theotherjonv

You bunch off sods. i rarely drink now, but I'm salivating at all these pictures. Trouble is – the wife's out shopping, I'm at home with the kids, I've no (decent) beer in the house, and I know it's after midday and theoretically permissable but i'm still in a pair of shorts and a scruffy t-shirt that i threw on at 7am when youngest decided to get up.

So I'm going to have to salivate a while longer…..

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

A current favourite but they only produce this for a limited time in the spring.

Local to me too. Very hoppy and refreshing.

Golden Champion (a bit fruity), Golden Glory (very fruity) and Tanglefoot (thick, rich and malty) are all great Badger beers though.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Ice-cold Cruzcampo in an iced glass – perfect on a hot day.
    😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Currently refreshing my throat in Brizzle area(l) is the lovely Butcombe Blonde – as refreshing as a refreshing thing and a lovely hoppy taste. Lager drinkers should give it a shot. Plus if anyone out of town is buying you one, you get to see the look on their faces when you ask them for a pint of "ButtCum" 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

DD,

We emptied a barrel of that in Spoons in York on my stag do the other week, lager drinkers 'n' all!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmm, Butcombe….Yum!

Tonight's choices include this gem of a beer;

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

lager drinkers 'n' all!

That's the thing – any that I give a taste say it's lovely. What are you having then?, says I…"hmmm…a grolsch please mate".. 😐

Then again, there's this…oooh, I'm getting thirsty….slurp!

Talkemada
    Free Member

I don't feel very well today… 🙁

Beer is bad for you.

Ladies and beer are very, very bad for you…

Talkemada
    Free Member

Decent lager is lovely. I'm not one of those who religiously sticks to one type of beer and look down my nose at other types. I'm not a great fan of some ales, but others are lovely. I'm not a cider person, but I've drunk some amazing cider.

This is delicious on a hot summer's evening:

RustySpanner

Tried this last week, just like drinking a slightly warm, vaguely alcoholic pint of very, very chocolaty chocolate milk.
    T'was delicious. 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

A Bradfordian Brew! 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Your missus still round her sister's?

noteeth
    Free Member

Currently refreshing my throat in Brizzle area(l) is the lovely Butcombe Blonde

[Mendip native]

Aaarrrghhh…. *Feels the pain of exile

[/Mendip native]

Thank Gawd this is readily available in my local Sainsburys.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Your missus still round her sister's?

Well, thanks to you, she won't be my missus for much longer, thank God. You've given me the perfect excuse to get rid, without it costing me a fortune, and taking ages. 😀

I'd get a DNA test done though if I were you. Knowing her, it could be bloody anyone's…. 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Knowing her, it could be bloody anyone's….

Wasn't me

RustySpanner

Aye, and was on tap at the Fox and Goose in Hebden.
    Veggie curry night as well – digestive system FAIL….

GW
    Free Member

Just drink the stuff instead of taking/posting pics of it ya bunch ay pretentious pooofs!!

unovolo
    Free Member

Some of my favourites……

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a bottle of this the other day, very very nice…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

chakaping, that's a man's beer! Awesome stuff, but pretty heavy on the numbers…!

noteeth
    Free Member

Brakspear Triple… hic +3.

On a side note, Dirt Rag's beer column is always a great read.

Sandwich

This is very good local lager.

It went well with the gammon

backhander
    Free Member

I'm with deadly darcy. That whitsable bay is lovely too.
    Oh and

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sandwich, does that really say "Suffolk Lager"? If so, I must find some to try! Where's it from? (Shop?)

Haze

I had one of those Brakspear Triples t'other day.

Very nice it was too, 7.2 and bottle conditioned no less 8)

But I'm really liking this at the moment…

speaker2animals

You buggers! Could definitely go for a beer now. Might nip out for one when 24 has finished.

BUGGER!

alwyn
    Free Member

Nice cold Tennents!

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Feeling thirsty now thanks to all those pictures, hope all is well with you bikechain, still not had to use my new gore jacket yet 😀

Sandwich

It is from Suffolk (Coddenham Green) and available in two strengths the session one I had and the slighlty more pokey 5.2 version. The local Suffolk foodhalls have it in stock. Being a local brew I'm not sure how far it has migrated from these parts. Their website has an e-mail contact info@calvors.co.uk and they will let you know the local stockist to you. (The list is not up on the web yet!).

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You bunch of beer tarts! 😉 😆

davidrussell
    Free Member

discovered this at the local beer festival this weekend, an addition to the other williams brothers finery. brewed in Alloa too, great stuff.

RustySpanner

Back to the Farmers Arms in Muker in a couple of weeks………… 🙂
    Life is good indeed.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘You need this beer in your life’ is closed to new replies.