Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You lot are boring, I'm off to Mumsnet
  • bencooper
    Free Member
    SaxonRider

I’m struggling with that first one. That really is[/I] weird.

The cupping one, though, is hilarious.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m struggling with that first one. That really is weird.

I know a retired GP who used to collect photos of vomit – patients would save the bowls of vomit to show him, and at some point he started photographing them. He offered to show me his collection once, but I declined.

martinhutch

Love the last one.

“Twisted his ankle chasing an old woman out of the garden”. 😀

johnners
    Free Member

I’m struggling with that first one. That really is weird

You think so? Sounds perfectly normal to me. You don’t want people to miss out just because they weren’t there for a proper ripper. I’m a bit surprised her DH was so bashful about it though.

The twisted ankle from chasing an old lady out of the garden one definitely needs a bit more backstory though.

Cougar

That’s funny, but you need STW for a description. “Like a bag of flip-flops falling out of the loft.”

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I always used to record my farts on my phone.

Don’t know why. I’d sometimes send them to the wife or a friend. Lucky them 🙂

stewartc
    Free Member

Being British, I would find accidently cupping someones balls less uncomfortable than hugging a stranger.

theotherjonv

Chasing an old woman out of the garden must be a Mumsnet euphemism.

A work colleague of mine went to affectionately put his hand on a (female) colleagues upper arm as he kiss-greeted her one time but at the critical moment she stepped back slightly and instead he put his hand onto her side breast. Thing is, he was already leaning in for the kiss and didn’t realise so left his hand there thinking he had arm. The witnesses, myself included still can’t convince him of what he did.

MoreCashThanDash

There are weirder things on Mumsnet than those examples.

They still talk fondly of Centre Parks though!

crazy-legs

The Christians Against Dinosaurs thread was hilarious. And also slightly worrying that anyone would think dinosaurs were a conspiracy theory.

bencooper
    Free Member

There are weirder things on Mumsnet than those examples.

I picked examples which were Safe For Singletrack 😀

MoreCashThanDash

The lack of a swear filter is a true joy.

Thread titles featuring the “f” and “c” words! I’m always intrigued when their mods pull a post as to what they actually said.

hora
    Free Member

Ah mumsnet. The middle one had my in fits 😆 however I’m not going near mumsnet again.

The ‘take it up the **** than go to Centreparcs’ was a number2 Google listing straight after Centreparcs own weblink They had me and tore me apart!!! When I told my SO(?) that I’d been on there she replied ‘it’s full of crazy people’.

trailhound101

How come we don’t use “AIBU” here on STW? Is is possibly because we are all so sanctimonious that we never have to question our own reasonableness? I’m struggling for another explanation.

kcal

I was bemused to see a poster outside local Lidl for “in partnership with institutions such as Mumsnet” – do they really think it’s venerable institution ? !!!

yunki
    Free Member

I’m struggling with that first one. That really is weird.

Is it?

me and my other half spent a happy hour or so sending sound clips of our farts to her brother in Australia the other evening

gobuchul
    Free Member

do they really think it’s venerable institution ?

In November 2009, the Prime Minister Gordon Brown, opposition leader David Cameron and many leading ministers took part in live webchats with Mumsnet users.

Mumsnet’s 10th birthday party was hosted by Google UK at their London headquarters in March 2010. Guests included Ed Miliband and Steve Hilton, and both the then-Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, and his wife Sarah Brown gave speeches. Gordon Brown referred to Mumsnet as one of the great British institutions.

ctk
    Free Member

I have grabbed my mates mums breast when greeting her once.(going for arm) I think she thinks I did it on purpose. Argh!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Actually on the fart thing, I think it was when we had Nokia 8230 company phones I managed to covertly bluetooth a recording of one of my farts to a colleagues phone and set it as his incoming text alert.

Being a technophobe it took him a few days to get rid of it.

It also reminded me of this: 🙂

[video]https://youtu.be/Tk-5RVMerfI[/video]

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’ve been known to record the performance of bodily functions and sent them to folk on whatsapp on a slow day. I thought everyone did…

bearnecessities

How come we don’t use “AIBU” here on STW? Is is possibly because we are all so sanctimonious that we never have to question our own reasonableness?

😀

Many a true word..

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve used AIBU on here. But I’m deeply insecure.

And it “outs” the secret Mumsnet lurkers.

flaps
    Free Member

DH? DD? DS?
    Eh?!??

ads678

Darling Husband – daughter – son

I haven’t got a bloody clue what most of the others mean though….

markcurtains
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member
    The Christians Against Dinosaurs thread was hilarious. And also slightly worrying that anyone would think dinosaurs were a conspiracy theory.

the twitter account RT’d this earlier

DINOMADNESS!

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Had a mate who years ago recorded a fart tape – 20 plus years ago. Still makes me smile when I recall him putting it in my car tape deck and us crying with laughter listening to 2 minutes of farts. Stupid genius.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m guessing most of us realise that any AIBU post is basically I’m being unreasonable but please lie to me that I’m not crazy.

maccruiskeen

always used to record my farts on my phone.
    Don’t know why. I’d sometimes send them to the wife or a friend. Lucky them

How technology has changed. Times was you had to fart into a jar and send it by parcel post.

BillMC

^^ pint of plain to you sir

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

But mum has gone to Iceland. 😆

theotherjonv

How technology has changed. Times was you had to fart into a jar and send it by parcel post.

Solves the issue of “what’s in Allthepies unexpected parcel?”

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/unexpected-signed-for-letter

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘You lot are boring, I'm off to Mumsnet’ is closed to new replies.