Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You learn something every day.
  • Edukator
    Free Member

Watching the man from John Laing Infrastructure I’ve learned that the more the British public use the M40 the richer he gets – invisible tolls. I hadn’t realised just how far Britain had gone down the road of the privatisation of infrastructure.

So what have you learned today?

You’re gonna have to explain that one. 😕
    At a guess, Laing built the road and leases it to the Highway Agency ?

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Today I learnt that my ear is still blocked. Pretty annoying. Sure I’ll learn more later as I’ve a few books to sift through on Neural Nets.

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s never possible to have too much butter on crumpets.

Edukator
    Free Member

The M6 toll is a private toll road, the M40 is run by Laing that charge the government a fee based on the volume of traffic recorded. A licence to tax the government and of course the tax payer.

Edukator
    Free Member

Crumpets or crumpet?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Good point.
    Alas I’m not able to do a comparative study at the moment.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That won’t fit in there.

TimP
    Free Member

That Friday Ads can be used as emergency bog roll. Huge thanks to whoever laid cable outside my back gate and used the Friday Ads, but they left it to blow around, rather than stick it in the bin you had to walk past at the end of the alley. It really has upped my mood for the day

MrsToast
    Free Member

Hairbands are quite annoying, because they graaaduuually slip up your head and you have to keep readjusting them. YOU DON’T KNOW MY PAIN!

samuri
    Free Member

Spending quarter of a million on a new proxy solution, is no guarantee that it’s going to work really well.

emsz
    Free Member

LOLing at Mrs Toast

Yesterday I learned that despite buying literally hundreds of the things, I can never find a hair grip when I want one.

camo16
    Free Member

Yesterday I found out where Bolton is.

It came as a huge surprise. Always thought Bolton was somewheres near Warrington.

One less bit of geographic idiocy eliminated. Sorted.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Deep Sea World in North Queensferry has a 12′ sand tiger shark called Tinkerbelle. You’re allowed to dive in with it and they’ll hire the scuba gear if you don’t have your own very cool.
    But the fekkers charge £25 if you want to take your own camera in with you. £25. to use MY camera.

tthew

In Bob’s joke, it only costs £10.00 to get a jacket dry-cleaned. I thought that was a bit cheap.

GrahamS

But the fekkers charge £25 if you want to take your own camera in with you. £25. to use MY camera.

At least half of that will be commission to the shark’s modelling agency.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘You learn something every day.’ is closed to new replies.