Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You know you've reached a certain age when…
  • Harry_the_Spider

Your car insurance renewal premium comes down.

Meh. Even my insurance company thinks I’m dull and past it. 😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The year I turned 30 I collected 6 points and my premium still came down 😕

Harry_the_Spider

I’m actually very pleased. Having an “M” postcode makes it expensive to insure anything other than one of these.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ours went up by 50%, and that was after shopping around for the cheapest. Ahh the joys of an L postcode…

headfirst
    Free Member

You know you’ve reached a certain age when…

…the hairdresser says “Eyebrows too, sir?”

Moses

When there’s no need to even go to a hairdresser.
    (Hairdresser? You fairy. Men go to barbers) 😉

headfirst
    Free Member

I stand corrected. The hairdressers I go to is called ‘The Barber Shop’. 😕

xherbivorex
    Free Member

HtS, you’re the same age as me. my premium went up by about £150 in May! I wonder if the switch from M to BL will have a positive effect on it?

ourmaninthenorth

I went from this:

Having an “M” postcode makes it expensive to insure anything

To this:

Ahh the joys of an L postcode…

And, in spite of having moved out of a city to a small village where the last British Crime Survey recorded zero crime, my insurance premium didn’t change. The only thiveving gits are the insurance companies themselves….

Harry_the_Spider

HtS, you’re the same age as me. my premium went up by about £150 in May!

I’ve seen you drive. That is why your premiums have gone up. 😉

At HtN I honestly thought you were going to roll it!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

LOL at Headfirst……. True, so true.. 😳

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I get Ms. now instead of Miss?

Also when I was looking at face creams in Boots last week the woman said to me “this is better for mature skin”

*sobs*

derek_starship
    Free Member

You’re chuffed to mint balls when you find a dark pube!

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I’ve got a BL postcode and moved from a BB postcode so from a town centre high crime area to a rural area and mine went up!! Must be coz they knew Binners was moving in….

xherbivorex
    Free Member

I’ve seen you drive. That is why your premiums have gone up.

At HtN I honestly thought you were going to roll it!

ha! not a chance, wood chips on soft mud- it was always just gonna slide a bit, never leave the deck though!

Harry_the_Spider

Good job. You would have taken out a dog poo bin, the caterers and half the ambulance crew.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Twenty-something females don’t even acknowledge your presence.

Squidlord
    Free Member

…you click on threads like this.

IdleJon

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    And, in spite of having moved out of a city to a small village where the last British Crime Survey recorded zero crime, my insurance premium didn’t change. The only thiveving gits are the insurance companies themselves….

I’d suggest that theft claims only make up a small part of the overall claims for a motor insurer?

And bear in mind that claims cost goes into the equation as well, so a common working class area may have many more claims than an affluent area but they still don’t add up to the losses in the affluent area.

Back to the OP, you know when you are getting properly old when your premium starts to resemble a teenager’s.

ton

..your diet stars to contain a heck of a lot of fibre……. 😀

footflaps

The Barber doesn’t even look at your bald scalp and just starts on the mono-brow and ear growth 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… 30 seconds into a conversation with an interesting and atttractive female, you get:

“…my husband/partner/boyfriend”.

Beam me up, Scotty.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You don’t have to worry about avoiding temptation…it has a worrying habit of avoiding you.

MrOvershoot

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    Your car insurance renewal premium comes down.

Meh. Even my insurance company thinks I’m dull and past it.

Mine too for the 11th year running 😀

0 points on my licence for 12 years & no claims in 15 years might help 😉

Oh and you must have been a bad boy Loddrik as I only just live out of the L postcode area

Squidlord
    Free Member

…you wander into a thread, and then can’t remember what you wanted to do there.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The female manager of the bar says ‘I like it when you come here, you attract lots of single women to the bar’

Just as you feel great she adds ‘They feel safe talking to you as you are too old to make a pass at them’

🙁

smiththemainman
    Free Member

You look at the mum as well as the daughter 😉

miketually
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Member
    HtS, you’re the same age as me.

I was shocked when I found out how old xherbivorex is. I am now shocked to find Harry_the_Spider is the same age.

binners

You have to politely ask your mates kids, who you’ve known this they were born, to stop calling you ‘Uncle’ as they’re adults and now taller than you 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

I was shocked when I found out how old xherbivorex is. I am now shocked to find Harry_the_Spider is the same age.

It is supposed to be the answer to the question of life the universe and everything, but it is actually like being 28, but with bad knees.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘You know you've reached a certain age when…’ is closed to new replies.