Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • You know you're old when
  • jock-muttley

When you spot your 1st grey pube

The three day hangover thing

You hand automatically reaches for an imaginary firearm/grenade when you hear teenagers

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

When you can’t do ‘it’ doggy style anymore cos your knees are ****.

CountZero

littlereddickdangler – Member
    You use the phrase ‘hit parade’.

There’s a hit parade? 😯

thomthumb
    Free Member

i heard the phrase last night

do you remember dial up?

😯

Greybeard
    Free Member

Someone creates a thread about Lotus notes and you know what they are talking about

Where I work still uses it!

weare138
    Free Member

I haven’t been to the ‘pictures, in years. I just don’t get the films.

Squidlord
    Free Member

When you were about to post something relevant, but… it’s gone.

bearnecessities

Today, wearing my chinos at work, the young consultant (late 20’s) remarked by asking if I was off to play golf, so I told him to piss off, not caring that my senior Mgr was also in earshot.

I think there’s 4 examples there..

ThePinkster

willard – Member
    I go to the same barbers I have been going to for the last ten years. Without being asked, they started trimming my ear hair about a year and a half ago.

I turn 40 next year.…when people much younger than you start to complain about getting old.

Bloody kids………

andywoods
    Free Member

dday – Member
    My kids don’t know how work a tape player.
    my kids think a walkman is just class whatever that means let alone how to use one

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Greybeard, I am amazed!! But perhaps I need to change that to Lotus 123. I can remember a new thing called excel being introduced to us 123 users!

willard

Another sign…

You know you’re old when standing up means sounds like a bowl of Rice Crispies coming from your knees. Both knees. Every time you stand up. Or sit down.

Dammit.

edhornby

lotus notes

we’re still using it where we work !!!

although Radio 1 was crap when I was a teenager

I recently had to explain to someone about the time before facebook – the incredulous look made me explain that when I was 18 there wasn’t mass ownership of mobile phones

best one is you call sportsmen for being past it and then realise they are younger than you

chewkw
    Free Member

You know you’re old when

… you realise that most people are maggots. 🙄

Neil-F
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    When you can’t do ‘it’ doggy style anymore cos your knees are ****.

jock-muttley

when I was 18 there wasn’t mass ownership of mobile phones

You whippersnapper!

jock-muttley

You have booted a PC from a cassette tape and thought it was the dogs doodahs!

You used to run tappy lappy down to the newsagents to get your copy of a computer magazine then run home and proceed to copy the programmes contained therein onto your PC by reading and then typing what you read (having first spent 15mins loading the OS from a tape!)

Mobile communications meant a CB!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

😆

vickypea
    Free Member

When you have to get your 7 year old son to show you how to switch the telly on.

chewkw
    Free Member

… you wonder why camel toe tights are in fashion.

vickypea
    Free Member

When you don’t know what camel toe tights even are! I could probably guess though!

Gary_C

it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night…

LadyGresley
    Free Member

When you used log tables and slide rules cos calculators hadn’t been invented.

jock-muttley

THIS was your first mobile phone

Moses

When the cool “Vintage” clothing shop sells the stuff you threw away years ago.

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

You know you’re old when you remember when E’s where good , speed kept you awake for days and weed came in blocks .

Tom-B
    Free Member

If this thread is to be believed then I’ve been old since the age of about 15!

jock-muttley

When the cool “Vintage” clothing shop sells the stuff you threw away years ago.

When you find these in a charity shop today on a day off and go YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

and ya feel mint when you try them on and realise you need a belt as they are too loose despite them being a 30″ waist thank you MTB! :mrgreen:

sputnik
    Free Member

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You start indicating in car parks!

OMG, you’ve seen me then? And I was the teen tearaway with multiple uninsured bangers having the nuts driven off them!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Not so long ago a woman drank me under the table.

Good girl. 😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Disaster of a day, problems with one of the unix boxes, so have spent most of the day working in a text box.
    And having to explain why I use green text on a black background.

ericemel
    Free Member

Someone in a night club thinks you are CID

and

Someone asks to take your picture (again in a nightclub) because you look like their mates dad

yes both happened last friday night

binners

My kids don’t know how work a tape player.

My kids are unaware that music existed in any actual physical format you could hold in your hand

nbt

You remember when all phone were plugged into the walls and had dials. In fact, I remember London being 01 never mind 0171/ 0181 or whatever it is now

anyone remember 01 811 8055?

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

^^ Swapshop

IHN

Was that Swapshop?

I’ll add:

When a youngster asks to borrow your iPod “cos it has loads of cool stuff on it [ones chest inflates slightly]… like my dad used to listen to [one is crushed]”

🙁

IHN

In fact, I remember London being 01 never mind 0171/ 0181 or whatever it is now

Never mind that, I remember when Poynton was 7****, not 87****

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… you move deliberately to Bournemouth…

freddyg
    Free Member

The first of the family phone numbers I remember is “Charnock Richard 397” I remember my Mum used exactly that phrase to answer the phone.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘You know you're old when’ is closed to new replies.