Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You know you’re in England when………………?
  • mboy
    Free Member

It’s as low as minus 7 degrees outside, and the girls are wearing nothing more than a pair of Hotpants and a strappy top on a night on the town!

I was wearing 4 layers and was still cold. If we were to enter another ice age soon, I’m sure only the 18 to 25 year old girls would survive!

CountZero

LOL, I work with a Geordie lass who was appalled when she saw girls dressed like that in Chippenham where she’s just moved. She’s 26…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I saw that in Stoke, once. It was so cold, I refused to get out of the car. And this group of girls walked past; mini-skirts, white stillettos, the lot.

I think Bacardi Breezers are actually made almost entirely from anti-freeze.

mboy
    Free Member

CountZero, that’s cos the Geordie lass you work with has now passed the crest of half way to 30 from 20. At 24 she’d have been with them! 😉

RudeBoy, you’re probably not wrong. The blue one is the same colour anyway, it must be true!

rOcKeTdOg

i can see the probelm myself, you’re toasty warm and they have next to nothing on…..no, nothing wrong there

aleigh
    Free Member

that used to be me years ago – now i’m quite happy to wear a coat and semi-sensible going out gear 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I thought you were only 25 aliegh

bikey
    Free Member

Is your ankle any better today WCA? Are you still heading to SPAM?

Matt

aleigh
    Free Member

I thought you were only 25 aliegh

urgh….yeah – of course i am 😉

it’s cold, wet, dark at 2pm and everyone says “sorry” for no apparent reason 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

A Spainish friend of mine once asked me ‘the Eengleesh girls, why they no wear knee-kers? Eet is freeezing here!’

I had no answer to give her.

(Apologies for the pitiful Spainish accent)

Hairychested
    Free Member

when no stuff at your local Asda speaks English.

nickname
    Free Member

I think it’s all the fake tan the english girls wear. Must act as some kind of insulating layer 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What, like goose fat?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

when no stuff at your local Asda speaks English.

….or when people can’t spell.

Hairychested
    Free Member

True, very true. Let’s rectify it – staff. [off to do some spelling exercises]

grahamh
    Free Member

A Spainish friend of mine once asked me ‘the Eengleesh girls, why they no wear knee-kers? Eet is freeezing here!’

Once walked into work due to snow and ice, and passed a girl with
    very rosy cheeks!!

mboy
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

that used to be me years ago – now i’m quite happy to wear a coat and semi-sensible going out gear 😆

Pictures, we need pictures! 😛

bigrich

you get off a 24 hour flight from oz, and immediatley get a pastie in the train station and a warm flat pint of stella served by a pole. then the man in the train station charges you a fortune for a ticket on a cancelled train so it takes 5 hours to go 100 miles. also everyone is cold, pale miserable and ill.

you start to understand why the english colonised most of the hot places in the world, it was to get away from the nasty greyness!

I’m going back in 8 days, cant wait.

juan
    Free Member

Aleigh is 25 indeed 😉

When you can’t do that for lunch during your Xmas holiday you know you are in england

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

When you arrange a great mountain bike weekend in August and everyone says that you are over promoting it!

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Bigrich; what Aussies have to understand about beer, is that we have to boil it, here, as it’s so cold and miserable all the time.

Another thing the Aussies have to understand about beer, is how to make the stuff in the first place.

‘Fosters; it’s the Australian for beer’. And the universally accepted term for pish…

‘Australians wouldn’t give XXXX for anything else.’ That’s because they don’t know any better.

Of course, had you come into London, you would have had your warm, flat pint of Stella (you lucky thing!) served to you by one of your countrymen.

Well, I say ‘served’, I mean, I use the term ‘service’ loosely, you understand… 😀

And they say us Poms whinge…

aleigh
    Free Member

thanks juan 🙂

mboy – what pics, of me now or then?!! 😆

mboy
    Free Member

I was on about then 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

i have a few lurking……

and i’ve solved my email address problem 😀

epicyclo

You know you’re in England when…

No trespassing signs
    Crap beer
    Fat chicks with their boobs out
    Crap at sports
    ————————–
    You know you’re in Scotland when…

No No trespassing signs
    Rumoured to have some good beer, but who drinks it anyway, when there’s whisky?
    World’s best riding
    everyone can walk on water (at least in winter)
    ————————–
    oh, and both full of nice people with a good sense of humour 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You know you’re in Scotland when…

No need for any No trespassing signs, as there’s hardly anyone there anyway, and the ones that are, can’t read.
    You see people slumped in shop doorways/on park benches, clutching bottles of Buckie or tins of Tennants/glue bags/heroin needles (because no-one who lives there can afford whisky).
    Some good riding, if it’s not raining, which it always is, anyway. And if it’s not, you’ll freeze to death instead.
    It’s so cold bowls have to be played on ice, with lumps of stone.
    Crap at sports apart from the ones they invented which no-one else in the world plays. and crap at most of them, anyway.

Full of wonderful people with a brilliant sense of humour! 😀

smorgie
    Free Member

I have to say that I’ve seen similarly dressed young Dutch girls in Avoriaz (France) on a ski holiday. So it’s not just England.
    Before anyone asks, no I don’t have any pictures.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ere, Chantelle, ain’t you a bit overdressed?

Well, it is January!

tails
    Free Member

ah look at the one in the middles weird face, one on right alright though

bruneep

Crap at sports apart from the ones they invented which no-one else in the world plays. and crap at most of them, anyway.

Oi! world champs at Elephant polo I’ll have you know!

marsdenman
    Free Member

HP sauce is readily available….. 😀

rOcKeTdOg

HP sauce is now Dutch though 👿

epicyclo

Ok Rudeboy,

I know when I’m outclassed, so I’m back to Oz at the end of the month to suffer in the sunshine 😆

(But after the ‘Puffer)

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘You know you’re in England when………………?’ is closed to new replies.