Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • You know when you are getting old when
  • leffeboy

@Kojaklollipop – did exactly that last night. My children had no idea what was going on

oldfart

You realise some of your pubes are older than the some of the people you work with !

oldfatfifer
    Free Member

When you go to the golf museum and see the set of irons you are still using!
    When you are asked to play Santa at a Christmas Fayre.

PS I’m only 61

TheWrongTrousers

When you can’t find your damned glasses and someone points out that they’re on top of your head

TheWrongTrousers

And you get into a TV remote contol battle with the missus, you keep turning it up and she keeps turning back down again when you’re not looking (cos you can’t hear the telly and you can’t find your damned glasses !)

TheWrongTrousers

Or when you buy a nice new shiny Garmin and then realise you can’t read the bloody thing while you’re riding without your bloody glasses on, which you don’t wear when you’re riding, so you have to fish them out of your pocket all sweaty and steamed up. Grrrrr

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

When you have to explain to a very bemused apprentice why you and your colleagues are singing the theme tune to “Jamie and the Magic Torch” after finding out his name is Jamie.

When you and a colleague try carrying 60kg batteries together and fail and the ex-apprentice picks one up solo and carries it like it’s only mildly heavy (even after being told not to to).

Falling off involves lying on the floor for a lot longer than it used to and you make sure fingers and toes work before trying to sit up.

breadcrumb

When you use the phrase

“Mark my words”

When you walk into Topman* and think what the **** is going on with these clothes!

*Other “fashion” stores included

aphex_2k
    Free Member

When you really have to squint to read something that’s written on the back of a jar or packet. WTF!

Or when you have an eye test and the optician points out you’re “at that age now”. I was like “what age?” he says “40” and points out my bespectacled eyes since the age of 6 will “just get worse”. I nearly pulled the handkerchief out of my top pocket and gave him a right slap around the chops. Cheeky scallywag.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

When you go buy jeans and all the shop has is “skinny” and you think, do kids these days not have b0ll0cks or thighs?

13thfloormonk

When you get excited about upgrading the mud flaps on your mudguards 😳

http://www.rawflaps.co.uk

hodgynd
    Free Member

When the customer service rep on the end of the phone having asked security questions which include your date of birth then proceed to talk to you as if you have just picked the phone up for the first time ..with that ” you take care ” kind of voice ..

nobtwidler
    Free Member

When you see a group of scantily clad young ladies on a night out and your first thought is “they will catch a cold without coats on!”

qwerty
    Free Member

When your scrotums more dangly than your cock.

rmacattack
    Free Member

fleetwood mac is your most recent and played playlist

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When you start thinking you’ll soon have to pierce the lids to get them off the food jars.

When your standard response to the names of alleged celebrities and music performers is “Who? Never heard of her/him”.

When you can’t find something you put down two minutes ago.

When you’d rather stay in and listen to a jazz trio on your hifi than make the effort to go and see your favourite rock band from back in the day who’ve recently reformed.

Although, that may be wisdom and taste, not age…

Klunk
    Free Member

when a nest of tables seems like a good idea.

jekkyl

when your age increases by 1 every year.

sbob
    Free Member

cheekyget – Member

When you go to the pub and a hot girl comes up to you as says

You know my mum!!

Been there. 😆

scud
    Free Member

– When you get RSI in your “mouse finger” scrolling down the years entering your date of birth in the drop down on a web pae.

– You’ve started indicating in car parks.

– The hairdresser keeps offering to do your eyebrows too

– I’ve got t-shirts which i deem perfectly good condition older than staff at work.

– When you go to lift something heavy and have to have a little stretch first then worry about lifting from knees not your lower back

simmy
    Free Member

fleetwood mac is your most recent and played playlist

I have some videos I’ve made that I’ve put on You Tube of local roundabouts which I show my students before we drive them. Showing one girl, I went into my You Tube history to get the video loaded and it was full of Fleetwood Mac from my Turbo session the night before.

Showing another student the controls of the car and I turned the radio on and it’s in Absolute 80’s or ” old man FM ” as my student called it.

maccruiskeen

Lollipop ladies look like upity youngsters. /thread.

bruneep

and I tell them my socks have been in the job longer than you

TheWrongTrousers

When you have no idea who any of the ‘celebs’ are on Strictly or X-Factor or whatever

rmacattack
    Free Member

well to be fair nobody knows z listers

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve got t-shirts which i deem perfectly good condition older than staff at work.

Looking at old photos the other day showed me that one of my Ts is from 2000 (a year for me that still sounds like the future).

CountZero

Can’t decide between the mum and the daughter

That’s a place I’m not going to go anywhere near!

When you have no idea who any of the ‘celebs’ are on Strictly or X-Factor or whatever

Never bothered with either, but they/f wanted to watch Strictly last night, and I had no idea whe anyone was, apart from the lovely Ms Bussell.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

When what you do or where you go is governed by where you can stop for a piss .

zanelad
    Free Member

The lady in Boots offers you a free flu jab and when you give her your date of birth she says sorry, but you need to pay cos it’s only free for pensioners.

My wife is still laughing about it and it happened last year 😥

joat

When you understand what old people told you you’d understand when you’re older.

40mpg

When you’re working on the demolition and redevelopment of a building you helped construct originally.

Frequently.

🙄

doglover
    Free Member

-When you make a grunt when you stand up or sit down.

-the prospect of winter on the turbo sounds more appealing than night riding.

MoreCashThanDash

When you have to steady yourself before you fart

P-Jay
    Free Member

-the prospect of winter on the turbo sounds more appealing than night riding.

Not exactly the same, but about 2-3 weeks ago I finally admitted to myself that’s it’s too late to ride after work now and I’d have to go to the gym of an evening instead – I uttered to the wife “at least I’ll give my knees a bit of a rest” ffs

chestrockwell

When you go to the North York Moors Railway to see locomotives you used to see when you went trainspotting as a kid.

Deltics not steam loco’s

Yep. My lad always wants to call in at the local steam railway when we pass. I never say no due to diesels. 😳

You know you’re getting old when you go out with the Mrs for the first time since number two came along but both agree to coming home early because the pubs are too noisy.

crankboy
    Free Member

Bikes moved from the “bike room” in the house to the shed.
    Reading glasses in addition to the contact lenses I’ve worn the bulk of my life.
    People at work not having seen or even heard of “The life of Brian”
    Finger still hurting from a minor injury in spring now.

pb2

When some skinny druggy and his thick set mate give you a good looking over and then decide to mug you 😯

Fortunately I was faster up 3 flights of the NCP stairs then they were, drove away shaking with relief, woke up angry and frustrated that no matter what I think, I am old and the majority of my best days have been & gone.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ming the Merciless – Member
    When you have to explain to a very bemused apprentice why you and your colleagues are singing the theme tune to “Jamie and the Magic Torch” after finding out his name is Jamie.

Ha! I do that. I’m chuckling away and they’re just confused and think I’m an idiot (which is true).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

When first class tickets on the train make sense

pb2

[/quote]teamhurtmore – Member
    When first class tickets on the train make sense

I hope I never get round to thinking that way

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘You know when you are getting old when’ is closed to new replies.