Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You know it might be time to find something else when…
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Your work puts you on a 4 day and you think, aw well, extra day off! :mrgreen:

rkk01
    Free Member

Not anywhere I’ve worked, but I have heard tell of folks being put on a 4 day week – then have it suggested to them that by working 5 days they can perhaps influence how any future redundancy decisions might go.

No idea whether true, but have heard similar from differing sources….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Your work puts you on a 4 day and you think, aw well, extra day off!

🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Two day week here and loving ever minute.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Not into working 5 days and only getting paid 4! Stuff that!

Way it’ll work is if we are needed to do any overtime to cover extra work we’ll get it back in the run up to christmas as days off. I don’t mind that if we have to, I’ve seen the figures and I know what kinda shit street the company is in. But tbh it’s that quiet i don’t see that being much of an issue if at all..

Reason i’m not too fussed is i can live on what i earn 4 days(no dependants). So no rush to get something new and it gives me an extra day to try out a few things. Possibly some freelance and see if there’s anything in that for me. Plus my Da and my wee Brother look like they are doing ok, so i can get a shift from them here and there if money is tight! So it’s not all doom and gloom..

Suppose that’s half the battle with this stuff, just in how you view it. Tomorrow will probably be a bit grim mind, we just got it confirmed there, I can imagine some won’t take it too well..

Junkyard
    Free Member

done a 4 day week for years its ace no desire to increase this anytime soon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘You know it might be time to find something else when…’ is closed to new replies.