Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You hear of a '55 VW panel van abandoned in a wood for forty years….
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

….you trace the owner…then formulate a plan to get it home.

[video]https://youtu.be/z_aoJDpkjmM[/video]

Twodogs

Like, a lot

perditus
    Free Member

I once found and recovered and old Austin K9 in the middle of a large chunk of forestry (abandoned by contractors)…..

one on these

with one of these

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

That looks in very good nick.

I knew a bloke who was a Volvo mechanic back in the day, he collected Amazons and PVs when they were worth nothing. Unfortunately he lived on Bodmin moor.. I saw them when they’d been there about 10 years. Jacked on up to take the gearbox out and the car just folded around the A pillar! On another the front wing was gone and so I stood on the upper suspension arm to reach the windscreen trim , it snapped.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Yo Perditus, what happenned to them?

perditus
    Free Member

My old boss still has the Matador. I put a Perkins P6 in the Austin (contempory conversion) in place of the petrol engine and used it for logging for a while and then sold it someone who restored it to military spec, I think they put a radio body on it.

roger_mellie

Nice film that.

ourmaninthenorth

Enjoyed that. Thanks mcmoonter

milky1980
    Free Member

Great watch that, would love to do something similar but it would probably be something out of a scrap yard not a forest.

Mugboo

Excellent, me and my 7 year old loved it.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Great little film.I think one of my mates would appreciate it.He does WWII Jeeps & stuff.The other year he started on a WWII Jeep that had spent a few decades in some woods as a shooting hut somewhere down south.It looked rougher than the VW in the film 8O.It also got winched out of the woods & sent up here on a trailer..

cardo

That was brill.. thanks for sharing

metalheart
    Free Member

Nice. Cheers mcmoonter.

househusband
    Free Member

Excellent video! I’d watched most of that YouTube channel but had forgotten what it was called so thanks for the reminder. There must be some money in it as they go to some lengths to get them out; I recall one in Scandinavia that required a helicopter…

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Great little film, reminds me of one I saw years ago. In college a lecture we had showed us a film he and a friend had made about recovering a ww2 Jeep that had been abandoned in a peat bog.
    Due to the soft ground they could only access it in the winter. It was filmed on an old cine camera.
    I’d love to watch it again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘You hear of a '55 VW panel van abandoned in a wood for forty years….’ is closed to new replies.