Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You have created a monster, and it will destroy you!
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Franken-bike lives, and works! Dead easy to lock up back wheel, even with coaster brake, given the lack of weight on the back end. Now all I need to do is “make” a seat and rack.

Note indexed shifter, bargain tandem gear cable, exquisitely machine angle-ground detail.

IMAG0538 by alan cole, on Flickr

akira

Presumably you’ve used such a bad photo to make sure no companies can copy your design?

leffeboy

You are king o bodge and I salute you. I had thought of doing something similar once but didn’t come up with the seat post solution like you. Did you just drill a hole though the rear frame to do that or does it clamp as well? Is it just a very long chain as well? Truly awesome

Awaits the words of ‘the master’

Hairychested
    Free Member

If it works out I can see a similar bike being made one day in Drogheda 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rik it’s 3″ of the 31.6 seatpost off the rear frame, split to get out to 27.2 internally for the front post, inserted to a hole drilled/filed in the top tube, it’s a tight fit bu I’ve araldited it in (curing as we type) and I have a clamp to go over the top top (probably not needed). It’s a mix of older chains 😎

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You got a better picture of it?

MrSparkle

Tch, call that a death trap tandem….

rob
    Free Member

IMG_4259 by gatechcycling, on Flickr
    is this the sort of thing your building , hard to tell from your pic but looks similar to this one

Junkyard
    Free Member

looks interesting and this one intrigues me better pic please
    what is this for?

rOcKeTdOg
    SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I must say that I am liking this idea. I also have a number of old frames kicking about that would be just the ticket.

The deathrap tandem looks quality too.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Will do a better pic – see my other thread, taka’s pic of his version is on it.

juiced
    Free Member

looks very interesting – a better pic would be good. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

here it is in action. Rides well, front end a bit low though (its used to 450mm forks not 400mm!)

IMAG0552.jpg by alan cole, on Flickr

gab344
    Free Member

Daddy?…

Yes, son…

Why’s that green bike playing piggy back rides with the grey one?…

wwaswas

here it is in action.

As long as it’s always d-locked to a Sheffield stand when you use it you’ll be fine 😉

it’s a good job there’s no construction and use regulations for bicycles, but fair play to you for some proper bodging.

singlespeedstu

I would have thought that if you were building a cargo bike you’d have tried to build something a bit more like this instead of that skinny tyred thing.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jpdmYe1c1-Y/SsTGD0GpmAI/AAAAAAAAAPA/op6OGiTILYo/s1600-h/big+dumb+pug.jpg

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I hope that’s not a Mongoose Transfer you’ve chopped up? (If you need another one, let me know!)

While I’m here, I may as well ask……….. er……… what’s it for?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stu – next time, I’m working on FS fat for now…what are you doing?

Paul, it’s for “fun” (if you know what that is), will get a rack and seat for ute-bike duties in time.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Ok, that’s fine, yes I know what ‘fun’ is, don’t worry. It just wasn’t immediately obvious why you’d done it as it appears to serve no practical purpose as it is. Carry on…..

MentalMickey
    Free Member

:D]

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘You have created a monster, and it will destroy you!’ is closed to new replies.