Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You have an hour to motivate me STW…
  • Kryton57

No cycling done since Sunday so far. I have the choice of an 80k total club road smash or some kind of turbo session tonight. I should be motivated by the fact I’m ebarrassingly no1 off during our clubs local TT on Saturday so should be fit and fast.

Thing is, I’d rather go home and drink beer.

Go on then do your worst.

wwaswas

beer.

matt_outandabout

beer.

+1

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t go out in this, it’s blowing a gale.

Quick high intensity turbo spin, then get the Playstation out, order pizza (with ice cream desert) and settle in for the evening. Stay up til 3am then phone in sick tomorrow.

Not that I’m living vicariously or anything… 🙁

neilwheel
    Free Member

Beer and shame……

gonzy
    Free Member

beer.

followed by a phall… 😛

allan23
    Free Member

No racing as I’m crap, but looking at the rain and cold I’m not ashamed to say an evening with Doctor Beer sounds like the better option.

My excuse is the replacement battery for my HRM hasn’t been delivered yet so there’s no way I could ride tonight.

hooli

You don’t want to be out in this tonight, it snowed last night and it’s windy and cold. The turbo will be miserable and boring so you best to open a beer and order a take away.

😆

Houns

Beer

mrblobby
    Free Member

TURBO!!!

TBH I really can’t be arsed at the moment either. Fallen into a bit of a slump between winter training and summer racing. Crap weather isn’t helping either.

Esme
    Free Member

Fill your camelbak with beer, and get on the turbo

Mister-P
    Free Member

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Smash some mega hard beer intervals, pyramid up some spirits follwed by sme recovery crisps

Mister-P
    Free Member

Kryton57

Mr P – uncanny I’ve just arrived home to find Mrs K has been out and put some Duval in the fridge.

2tyred

The weather’s unpleasant, and 80k smash in that would be horrible.

Turbo’s always horrible.

Its Thursday, you’re racing Saturday but haven’t ridden since Sunday. Wrap up warm, head out for an hour on your own, nice and steady. Smash a couple of short hills midway through if you feel like it, otherwise don’t.

Home before too long, shower, food, beer, relax, sleep.

That’s what I’d do if I hadn’t been out for hill reps at lunchtime during a break in the weather and am now sat here all warm and self-satisfied, wondering what to make for dinner and which beer I fancy later.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Turbo and beer. Make a game of it, every time your cadence/”speed”/HR moves from target zone gets above zero, open a beer. Make sure the first one is finished before you have to open another or down both as a forfeit.

sandwicheater

Mmmmm, good call Mister P. Bike building tonight and that will accompany it nicely, nom!

OP, go drink beer.

nickc

how is this even a choice?

beer duh…

ferrals
    Free Member

That’s what I’d do if I hadn’t been out for hill reps at lunchtime during a break in the weather and am now sat here all warm and self-satisfied, wondering what to make for dinner and which beer I fancy later.

Me too, only I moved my lunch to 10am while it was sunny.

I know what I’m making though, Chilli-con-carne, only got the beer decision to make. Got one more cup of tea to drink and one more report to read and then it will be off to find beer 🙂

wwaswas

It’s been at least 40 minutes, how’s the motivation?

khani
    Free Member

Beer, then go and wobble round the woods on your mtb..
    Then more beer..
    Beer good.

Rorschach
    Free Member

lunge

20 or 30 minute turbo smash and then beer. In fact, that’s my plan tonight I think.

Kryton57

It’s been at least 40 minutes, how’s the motivation?

I’ve had a cup of tea. So er, the same.

The hill reps idea isn’t bad – I have a 1km 12% hill about 10 mins ride away, I could pop out and do some reps of that for an hour maybe. So on that basis its this x 5 or so:

http://www.colvault.co.uk/cols/mottstreet.php

or this

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts/23520-table-rock

… the latter would be me “on plan”.

Or of course, this:

Got 15 mins to decide.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pfft, it’s only an hour, get on and get it done. Then beer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bike, but enjoy the gusty wind.
    then
    Beer & Curry, enjoy the gusty wind.

HTH’s
    😀

Kryton57

Revelation!

I’ve got to test a new fork, whilst a buyer awaits my verdict to maybe buy the old one. So, up the above ^^ hill on the MTB, a little forest loop and home for beer.

Sorted. TTFN.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘You have an hour to motivate me STW…’ is closed to new replies.