Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • you guys with PA's, Souls, 456s etc, What forks ya running? Does it work?
  • shindiggy
    Free Member

Another 456 with Pace RC41 Fighters, Runds beautifully at 150mm.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Soul with DT swiss XCM 130's

Can't recommend them highly enough. Super light, really plush travel and instantly down to 100mm with launch control for the hard climbs.

CRC had some really good deals on last years ones.

yunki
    Free Member

I have a 456 with u-turn revs = lovelyjubberly
    Mostly though I use a 450mm A-C rigid orange F8 fork.. also lovelyjubberly

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

moonboy – Member
    426 = steel steerer
    454 = aluminium
    ah, so a heavier fork gets just a bit heavier again.

i see.

They're not exactly a massively heavy fork though. I have the 426s on mine and the whole bike weighs in at around 28lbs with normal tubes and tyres on and its not built to be lightweight.

Stiggy

I had Coil U-Turn Pikes on my Soul and they always felt best at 120mm, I've just replaced them with 120mm Maxle Reba's (RLT Ti'a) and I absolutely love them.

wwaswas

re: the Pace's – worth keeping an eye on the classifieds if you;re interested they come up fairly regularly.

Early ones had a reputation for sucking in water but later ones (RC41's) are, I think generally ok. You can get seals and servicing done by Pace or Fork English (?).

I've been really impressed with them – they're light, black and have a good lock down with blow off.

If you have money the DT Swiss versions are probably 'better'.

piemann
    Free Member

Running 140mm Vanillas on my new Soul – only had it out once so far, but I reckon they're spot on.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

ti456. Reba 120s (no adjust) with Maxle. Perfect IMO.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Running a TI456 with 140 Rock Shox Rev's Air. I love it!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

456 with 454 coil Pikes

a match made in bike heaven.

Used to have 140mm Thor's but, whilst it was ok, its way better with coil Pikes.

theboatman
    Free Member

Soul with 120mm reba's, all is sweet, but it was fine with 100mm to?

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

My Soul used to have 130mm Revelations but now has On-One carbons (26" size).

I might swap back in a bit, but then again I might not.

Ticklinjock

Have a Mk1 PA here. Was running Vanilla 125s and it worked really well until the stanchions got damaged. Now running 95-130mm Revs dual air with U-turn. Not as smooth, but the versatility of the U-turn makes up for it. Leave at 130mm unless climbing really steep stuff.

bol

I've got 2010 Rev u-turns on my cotic. Too much fork really – I never extend them beyond 130mm, but they're great. No problems with them and I reckon they're the best controlled fork I've ever owned.

oxnop
    Free Member

The GF has new style Revs on her PA set at 140, gives her same geo as her Blur LT2 (which she wanted) She doesn't seem to be much slower descending on the HT in comparison to the FS.

saladdodger
    Free Member

456 with MAverick sc32's at 125mm plenty long enough infact I would go shorter not longer if anything

kelvin

] looks enviously at Lefty Max [

pitduck
    Free Member

vanilla 125 on soul (lovely) same but 140 on 456ss(exciting) 😛

Hairychested
    Free Member

456SS with 36's Talas – lovely but too many travel options.
    456SS with Z1SL 150mm – a bit long for commuting or hill climbing.
    456SS with RC40 – lovely all rounder.

toys19
    Free Member

bfe with vanilla 140's, but seriously thinking of van36 160's or lyriks.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘you guys with PA's, Souls, 456s etc, What forks ya running? Does it work?’ is closed to new replies.