Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You guys with altura meyhem jackets
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Had mine for less than a year and probably washed it in the machine (yes following care directions) and water just seeps into the fabric now. Anybody find the same? Is there a way of re-waterproofing, should I contact altura, should I have another glass of wine?

rene59
    Free Member
    darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks. Seems you need to tumble dry after though which is against da’rules according to the label. Don’t want to melt it or anything.

rene59
    Free Member

If you can’t use tumble drier then use Granger’s performance cleaner to wash clean then use Granger’s performance proofer to rewaterproof afterwards. That doesn’t require tumble drier but uses two wash cycles.

You can also get similar products from Nikwax.

isitafox
    Free Member

Kind of on topic, has anyone else had any trouble with the velcro fasteners on the wrists? On mine the right hand just didn’t stick whatsoever, got to the point where it annoyed me so much I cut both off with a stanley knife the other day!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks rene59. Nope isitafox, velcro ok on mine.

tomhoward

Got 2 both fine on the water proof front, though one of the wrist straps came apart. (The rubber bit came unstuck from the Velcro) all sorted under warranty.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member
    Got 2 both fine on the water proof front, though one of the wrist straps came apart. (The rubber bit came unstuck from the Velcro) all sorted under warranty.

Interesting, need to give em a call as mine has peeled off too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘You guys with altura meyhem jackets’ is closed to new replies.