• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You can tell it's holiday time
  • hairylegs
    Free Member

…by how little activity there is on here!

Leads me to think that the vast majority of the STW collective log on during work hours!

So who’s back at work between Christmas and New Year?

slowbloke
    Free Member

I’m back as I’d rather save the holiday for the summer when at least the rain is warm – having said that it’s a cracking day today and I’m stuck inside……

garage-dweller

I thought it was quiet cruising along the motorway to work this morning right up until the three mile tailback and two lanes closed due to an accident.

For the record I’m eating lunch not skiving!

jimdubleyou

Yeah, I’m at work 🙁

Actually busy for a change too – that’s what happens when there’s only a skeleton staff…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Back at ‘work’ yesterday as are the rest of the team. No point taking holidays this week – virtually no traffic on the road so nice ride to and from work, plus might as well be here doing nothing. I do have things to do just can’t really get focused enough to do them.

lunge

Too true. I’m only on here as I’m at work. No work being done but I am here and that’s all that matters.

momo

Saving all my leave here too, first child is due to arrive sometime in the next 25 days. In the office today but working from home for the next two, doubt I’ll be all that productive this week!

toby1

I’m WFH, been looking at places to stay in Barcelona all morning, the wife’s 40th birthday is rapidly approaching and I have noting booked yet.

As for ‘working’ well yeah, I am doing a little bit!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I’m in work and we are really busy 🙁
    I work for the local tip and the amount of people coming in with cardboard and empty bottles etc is silly
    Normally only this busy in the middle of summer
    And I’m typing this on my lunch break 🙂

lunge

I’m WFH, been looking at places to stay in Barcelona all mornin

Hotel Yurbban Trafalgar, awesome place, roof top pool and free wine. Sorted!

hairylegs
    Free Member

I’m back as I’d rather save the holiday for the summer when at least the rain is warm – having said that it’s a cracking day today and I’m stuck inside……

Likewise … and just to rub salt into the wound the missus is out riding today!

I do have things to do just can’t really get focused enough to do them.

Know that feeling! Just can’t get motivated to get stuck in. I think I’ll be making excuses about three o’clock

davidjey
    Free Member

I’m back as I’d rather save the holiday for the summer when at least the rain is warm

+2

Working interspersed with a bit of online shopping and yes, marvelling at how quiet it is one here when few people are working…..

toby1

Hotel Yurbban Trafalgar, awesome place, roof top pool and free wine. Sorted!

Cheers Lunge, went with an airbnb place in the end as it was about £80 a night as opposed to £130, normally wouldn’t be as fussed but have Canada plans later in the year so needed to keep the budget down. That place does look lovely though, as was cheaper than the sister in laws recommendation that came out at over £300 a night!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘You can tell it's holiday time’ is closed to new replies.