Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You can tell its Aldi bike day
  • pcb
    Free Member

There are thin people queuing outside 🙂

maccruiskeen

What I like is avid cyclist arriving by bike – then in bargian frenzy…. buying more stuff than they can actually carry away by bike

trail_rat
    Free Member

how can you possibly get more gloves and overshoes that you cant carry them on your bike…..

or did you mean more ill fitting clothing than they can carry ?

starsh78
    Free Member

ah yes the que for tat.

saw the ad yesterday and thought god help us all.

ill stick to my branded stuff ta

pcb
    Free Member

Loaded up with bargains:) the only thing that looked pants were the overshoes, not very tight and not water resistant IMO

trail_rat
    Free Member

doesnt need to be branded starsh – but at least the right shape.

about right shape for your average MAMIL though

Teetosugars
    Free Member

There are thin people queuing outside

Ironic, innit, when you look at Rapha’s website, and the first size stuff to be sold out is XXL..

boblo
    Free Member

pcb – Member
    the only thing that looked pants were the overshoes

Shoes that look like pants? Shit design Shirley? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Ironic, innit, when you look at Rapha’s website, and the first size stuff to be sold out is XXL

/devil’s advocaat

Isn’t that because they make less of the extreme* sizes, so they sell quicker?

*Although XXL is probably no longer seen as ‘extreme’.

Underhill
    Free Member

/devil’s advocaat

I always thought he’d be more of an absinthe kind of guy

trail_rat
    Free Member

or they have an italian tailor and only a 5 year old child would fit into a medium ?

meehaja
    Free Member

after I’d fished through the cycling stuff I had a wander round the store and noticed they were welling axes. Lucky I didn’t find the axes when the “chap” elbowed my 1 year old in the face in his desperate attempt to buy 7 pairs of waterproof over trousers.

winter gloves sem alright, I already have a good jacket and bibs, was tempted by the long sleeve compression top and merino jersey but at £25 for the pair I really couldn’t be bothered with the gamble.

loddrik
    Free Member

There are thin people queuing outside

Because only thin people ride bikes…. 🙄

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Totally forgot just had to fight my way through the locusts just to get to my water and fresh fruit!!! there was one “plumpish” bloke there trying on a high viz “waterproof jacket” looked like a luminous seal it was that tight!!!

doom_mountain

I have an Aldi Windproof jersey which is about 3 years old now, still wear it regularly, fits really well.
    The quality and fit has got significantly worse over the years.
    The socks are ok.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

was a bit of a scramble going on in bedminster/southville aldi this morning…

picked up some lights to chuck in my bag for emergencies and a puncture repair kit, all i really wanted.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

there are thin people queuing outside

No one off here then.

chr15
    Free Member

There was a guy in an Aston at the Aldi I went to, failed to see what he bought though – Doesn’t seem quite right somehow, 6-figure sum for your motor and huge fuel bill but skrimping and saving on your bike gear…!?

Gloves seem pretty good, everything else really looks like it’s from Aldi… Not saying I didn’t buy any of it mind…!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Just got three pairs of socks and a jacket. The arms are very short on the jacket though…

SimonR

…… still chuckling over the ‘luminous seal’ comment above 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Money wasted last time on their pumps. Socks are ok though for summer rides.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘You can tell its Aldi bike day’ is closed to new replies.