Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You all seen dirts review of the new nomad?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Summary –

It’s ok, far better bikes out there for around 2/3s the price, has nice paint and finish.

😉

steezysix
    Free Member

Is it complete gibberish written in yellow on a white background? That’s what I remember of the last Dirt review I read before I cancelled my subscription…

iolo
    Free Member

I cancelled my dirt sub when I realised that Steve Jones wrote complete bollox.

stevede
    Free Member

Really poorly written review even by Steve Jones’ usual poor standards. I think the new French version of the magazine did the testing and then Jones did the review. Poor combo. Love how they change like the wind too, ccdb air cs was the best thing since sliced bread last year, in the Dirt 100 etc and then this year they’ve slagged the shock off on every bike it’s been on, now the Pikes are a poor match for the Nomad, 36 would be a better match apparently. I always take Dirts reviews with a pinch of salt as they are normally based on how well the bike fits Steve Jones and what’s currently flavour of the month.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m assuming the bike would have been better if it was 7ft long too.

discoduck
    Free Member

I didn’t renew my subscription either for obvious reasons, which bikes did they say were better I’d be interested to know.

I’ve got an Alu nomad and it is without doubt* the best bike I have ridden.
    I’ve had a new carbon Nomad loaner for a couple of days and it rides much better than it looks on paper, the slacker head angle takes some getting used to but after 15 mins I stopped thinking about it, it pedals really well uphill and is snappy but that’s prob because I went from a hefty Alu build to a light carbon build with ENVE rims and 1X.

I’d be more inclined to speak to riders on the trail and owners from the likes of these forums than a biased view from a magazine,

sparkingchains
    Free Member

If Steve Jones wrote it it’ll be complete jibberish.

chakaping
    Free Member

I thought the reviews in the new Dirt were much more straightforward and to the point than is often the case with Jones.

Seemed quite clear – really nice build and finish, shock needs a climb mode, weight distribution a bit off.

There’s not a little bit of messenger shooting going on here is there?

If you like your new Nomads, why worry – if you haven’t got one then why do you care?

😉

Euro
    Free Member

I don’t read the mags but i’m guessing the testers are pretty decent riders? Maybe the things they notice might not be apparent to folk who ride less enthusiastically? It means eff all really. If you have a bike that you’re happy with, then what does it matter what a magazine says?

beamends
    Free Member

those how are dissagreing(sp?) with the reviews you wouldnt happen to be nomad owners would you 😛

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was very tempted to try and demo one in June when I was in Rotorua but never got round to it, the locals that had them were enjoying them though. I’d expect to see them topping the podium of the EWS Rd1 next year 🙂 And the blue pink one looks great

iolo
    Free Member

No, 2006 Enduro owner here. And 2004 Scott Elite hard tail.
    Jones still writes bollox.

chakaping
    Free Member

Jones still writes bollox.

My comment above was saying that actually he doesn’t still write bollox.

But hey, you carry on.

discoduck
    Free Member

I’ve got one, a 2014 Alu one which I’m happy with, personally I think the new one is a bit too much for a UK bike, as I said I enjoyed the new carbon one, being biased I’d put FOX 36’s on just because I like em.

I’d like one in the Alps for a week, or in Whistler but for year round riding in the UK there are better bikes available.

As an ENDURO bike though its a belter.

thv3
    Free Member

I always take Dirts reviews with a pinch of salt as they are normally based on how well the bike fits Steve Jones and what’s currently flavour of the month.

+1 Another former Dirt Subscriber for this reason

At 5ft9, if I read another review where the bike was marked down because the Large was not large enough, or the XL was more like a Large I was going to go mental!

Pity, it did used to have some interesting articles but has definitely gone down hill over the years.

steezysix
    Free Member

but has definitely gone down hill Enduro over the years.

Thank you, thank you, I’m here all week…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘You all seen dirts review of the new nomad?’ is closed to new replies.