Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • YorkshireDales300 ITT 27th June 2015
  • ben98
    Free Member

I’m in! Will be aiming for fast and light, minus the fast as I’m riding my single speed again. Tbh with it being much closer to home than usual (Scotland and Wales), in taking more risks with clothing and the weather based on the fact that if the excrement hits the air conditioning I can bail out pretty easily.

whitestone
    Free Member

I don’t know if anyone is using a SPOT tracker but I’ve got a similar device viewable here: http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/15yorkshire300.cfm The course on that page is slightly different from the final route so I’m not off-route when heading down the road to Dentdale rather than going round by Arten Gill.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Dammit dammit dammit.

Supposed to be doing it (with Eddie11) but moving house next friday so spending 48 hours playing on bikes, and a bit more recovering isn’t really a sensible option.

Rats.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Martinhutch – I think so, a little newsagent type place. I hope so anyway..

Edit: Quick Google says it’s a tea shop – good enough for me!

Edit 2: Further googling says there is a shop/post office so it sounds like a thriving metropolis.

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s a shop signposted in Bainbridge on the way towards the Cam road – it seems to be in some sort of estate from where the signs point to, last road on the left. Not actually been to it. A google search doesn’t show much.

Looking around on Google street view the garage just over the bridge to Aysgarth has a “we sell sweets” sign.

There’s always the pub 😆

martinhutch

If it’s the one I think, it’s a kind of community run affair with some unusual opening hours (wasn’t open last time I passed through with the kids in normal shop hours), so if you’re relying on it, check beforehand would be my advice.

The teashop is open from 9.30 and has nice cake, though.

GregMay
    Free Member

Looks like my Achilles is buggered so I’m out.

Ride well folks.

whitestone
    Free Member

Get well soon Greg.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘YorkshireDales300 ITT 27th June 2015’ is closed to new replies.