Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • yorkshire singletrack
  • meehaja
    Free Member

Right, I've been instructed by mental health worker (ok, my wife, but she is a MHW) to go out tommorow and ride my bike, in a manner that will make me happy.

So, I think, having a day out, somewhere that looks nice, is a bit of a trip but not so far that it is A: expensive to drive to or,
    B: takes ages and might turn out to be crap anyway

I'm looking for fast, swoopy singletrack, not to uphily, not to steep downhilly, not too muddy, not too windy/exposed somewhere pretty and suitable for a singlespeed with a rider who has hardly ridden since last summer. Was thinking of going to stainburn but maybe thats too technical? Local trails to me (bradford) are all a bit short and lack flow. Anyone know some long singletrack near halifax maybe?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Bit more of a step out from Bradford but Lee Quarry is great fun and doesn't really require thought in terms of finding a route.

Stainburn is brilliant fun but super super techy.

meehaja
    Free Member

hmmm, lee quarry, i've been meaning to go there! Its decided then, and I guess it wont be too muddy either!

isnilloc
    Free Member

ilkley/rombolds moor "baht tat"…..has some great single track and technical stuff…

and its nearest to you I suppose, you can also bike from iklkey to baildon , where there are also some good trails…

maps…? bike shop in ilkley, yes! name of bike shop ?

isnilloc
    Free Member

ilkley/rombolds moor "baht tat"…..has some great single track and technical stuff…

and its nearest to you I suppose, you can also bike from iklkey to baildon , where there are also some good trails…

maps…? bike shop in ilkley, yes! name of bike shop ?

JonBurns
    Free Member

name of bike shop ?

Ilkley Moor Bike Tat? 😆

brucethesprucegoose
    Free Member

+1 for Lee Quarry, it requires very little thought and is really fun, can get windy though.
    If the riding and time is going well there's tonnes of trails in Calderdale which is kind of half way between Bradford and L.Q that are definately worth an explore on the way through, take a bit more thinking about though.

Guisburn (sp?) is really reeeeally good, they've put a load of new stuff in and it's nice and prettier than L.Q. Not too far from Bradford either.

Have fun!

sturmey
    Free Member

JD cycles is the shop in Ilkley very friendly guys

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

How about a run round Harden & Wilsdon – as a psychiatric nurse I would insist that you ride at each & every opportunity otherwise your head might explode …. FACT

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Swoopy non-wind affected singletrack? You'll be wanting the hidden gems of east Calderdale… which happen to be VERY close to Bradford.

stumpyjon

Don't forget Cragg Quarry is now open, put a massive grin on my face last Saturday. Just one monster climb up to get there, directions in the cragg quarry ride thread.

elaineanne
    Free Member

id go Lee quarry….have a blast ..its fun fun fun!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Harden Moor/st Ives Park (above Bingley), is full of singletrack and old quarry works to play in. some of it is quite exposed, but it's all weather and rocky, good fun for a few hours blast around.

Sancho
    Free Member

there is a lot of flowing singletrack within 3 miles of Leeds city centre if you know where to look and how to link it together, at least 20 mile worth of woodland singletrack tech.

meehaja
    Free Member

i know all the leeds bits (at least think i do) having lived there for 9 years. Daveyboy… tell all, i'm new over in bradford and missing the lack of local trails, i only know judy woods and tyresall.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Woods north of the canal between Brighouse and Elland. You can do the rest 😉

(unless you want to drop me a mail and I'll point you in a more specific direction of a good route)

Or track down woody2000 – he knows the Brighouse up to Bradford area better than me which might be closer for you.

firestarter
    Free Member

sancho any links to the leeds riding as im looking for new trails im in east leeds cheers

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘yorkshire singletrack’ is closed to new replies.