Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Yorkshire relocation….but where?
  • thetallpaul
    Free Member

john_drummer… provided that it’s not Scarborough that you want to get to Nearly missed my sister’s wedding thanks to traffic on the A64 between York and Malton

You use the A64? – Madness I tell you. We will only use it at night.
    Much nicer to go a little south and travel through Stamford Bridge/Fridaythorpe/Sledmere/Weaverthorpe. Also a hell of a lot quicker when it’s busy on the big road.
    If you must go down the A64 turn off through Yedingham (B1258) to come in on the Pickering Road (A170).

djglover
    Free Member

Masons is very popular and will be busy.

I am off to gordale scar campsite. Possibly the most stunning campsite in Yorkshire this weekend!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Possibly the most stunning campsite in Yorkshire this weekend!

It’s also quite nice the other 363 days of the year. 😉

wl
    Free Member

York’s a great (if slightly predictable and conventional) city, though it’s crap for mountain biking – you’ll need to drive to the North York Moors for your nearest half-decent trails. I moved from York to Calderdale for exactly that reason – no regrets whatsoever – easy access to mint trails as well as central Leeds and Manchester. Huddersfield is underrated if you ask me – affordable housing, good people, plenty of areas to choose from, decent facilities in town, access to great riding and a lively night out.

Edit: since you’re looking at weather info, rain-wise York’s a desert compared to Calderdale. Still wouldn’t move back there though.

john_drummer
    Free Member

You use the A64? – Madness I tell you.

I know that now 🙂

had to go to Scarborough again a year later for another wedding. We went from Baildon via Otley, Harrogate, Ripon, Thirsk & Sutton Bank. Longer route but seemed to be quicker

hora
    Free Member

Otley!

Been there 22 years now, not planning on going anywhere else.

You’ve probably never been outside of Otley and married the next doors neighbour too 😉

edlong
    Free Member

So, I managed to land a job working mainly in York, but also Leeds and I’m moving down this summer with my wee family

Congratulations on the job!

And +1 for Gordale Scar being the best located campsite I’ve ever seen.

chestrockwell

+2 for Gordale. The Malham area is stunning and there’s some great riding.

flyingmm

Thanks for the tips guys….If only Malcolm at Gordale would pick up the phone! Dlaby forrest campsite full, but might give the Filey one a bash for sat.

yep, living not a stones throw from the trails is going to be a new experience, but an excuse for epic outings when they do occur – and I might even get fit with all the road riding around York! Any suggestions for clubs or eve ride groups welcome too.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire relocation….but where?’ is closed to new replies.