Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Yorkshire folk …. TdF advice please
  • voodoo_chile

Some advice on locals watching “le tour” , can you recommend a good spot to watch possibly with camping facilities was thinking about the hawes area but local info rules
    Thanks in advance

trout
    Free Member

Camping available in the Addingham / Silsden area and see it two times without moving far ( mind you moving about is going to be fun )

Gribs

Don’t encourage more people to Silsden. I’m already expecting it to be rammed on the Sunday as it’s the easiest place to get to from the Rapha thing at Broughton hall.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trout
    Free Member

Going to be rammed both days
    Roundabout at Addingham closes at midnight friday and opens again sometime sat afternoon to close again midnight Sat

Gribs

For Saturday I’m currently thinking I’ll either go in early and try and get a spot near the roundabout in Skipton or just sit up on Doughton Moor and watch it from a distance. I’ve no real idea where to watch it from on Sunday as I can’t think of any good spots that won’t be either completely rammed or where they’ll be gone in seconds..

voodoo_chile

Trout , only 3 of us ,we don’t like Carling and one is not to fussy on fish ,oh and we prefer to sleep with the windows open too !!!

voodoo_chile

Addingham seems to be coming up a lot on Google

slowoldman

Well since I’m now safely booked in, I can tell you Dales Bike Centre at Grinton (Swaledale) apparently still have places. The TdF passes the entrance. Bar, catering, big screen, blah, blah. But if you do come don’t stay up all night shouting about. I hate that on camp sites and I may have to wipe my arse on your butter.

voodoo_chile

Hey slow , I am as quiet as a mouse and regards to your butter fetish there are websites for that kind of stuff !!!
    Gonna check it out though sounds great

slowoldman

Mrs S. and I stayed there (in the bunk rooms) for a few days last year. Nice place and a great location. We’re going up for several days before the race – loads of great riding up there. It’s pricey of course but it’s a special occasion and everywhere is going to be after your money that week.

trout
    Free Member

Voodoo normaly you could put a tent on my lawn. The house is full of rellies from down south
    certainly no carling allowed

here is a nice venue just down the road and right on the side of the tour route

http://tourdefrancecampingyorkshire.com/

voodoo_chile

Slow looks great that place , trout ,I am sure a tent of hairy added scousers on your lawn would go down well with your neighbours would go down well , thanks anyway

bikebouy
    Free Member

I did stage 1 and 2 last weekend and if you head to Grassmere and up towards Kidstones there are LOTs of farmers putting their fields up for camping.. Theres one near the big climbing wall…

mickmcd
    Free Member

go to langsett hub

theres supposedly parking for 14,000 cars campsite all the lot

they even painted said caf
    http://instagram.com/p/op-SO0PEfU/

[/url]InstagramCapture_e239ff46-b93c-49cd-976d-9b1c31edd569[1] by mike mcdermid, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire folk …. TdF advice please’ is closed to new replies.