• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jate.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Yorkshire Dales… MTB Route from Richmond to Reeth?
  • smashit
    Free Member

If you were to get dropped off in Richmond (Yorkshire!) with the intention of heading into Swaledale and on over into Wensleydale what would your route be? I know a decent route from Grinton over to Castle Bolton and on to where I need to be, but looking for some advice on the first bit!

Thanks!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I don’t know anything at the Richmond end in terms of off road so would ride on the road until I get to Maske. You can then pick up at least two bridle ways that take you via Hirst to the top of Fremmy edge and then into Reeth.
    Sorry I can’t do links but if you look on the map you should see them.
    Not massively exciting but worth doing nevertheless.
    We used to ride fro Maske in a loop that included these trails on a night ride but not done it for ages.
    Not sure if it helps much but it’s all I got

martinhutch

Depends how much mileage you want, but the best value is to get dropped in Marske instead, head over to Hurst, drop off the west end of Fremington Edge to Storthwaite Hall, head over towards Great Pinseat, Gunnerside Gill, Gunnerside, then past Summer Lodge and Apedale to head towards Castle Bolton.

jate
    Free Member

There is a bridleway from the west side of Richmond which runs parallel with and to the north of the Swale that brings you out on the road that drops into Marske. It’s part of the C2C walk. It’s not exactly techy (I’ve always ridden it on the CX bike) but it’s quite pleasant.
    From Marske there are a few options but to maximise the off road content, the best is to head north along Marske Beck, cross the valley at Orgate Bridge, then head for Helwith and then north to Goats Bridge. From there you can ride to Hurst and then follow the above suggested route.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire Dales… MTB Route from Richmond to Reeth?’ is closed to new replies.