• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Yorkshire 2019
  • unklehomered
    Free Member
    shuhockey
    Free Member

Yes! Well done to all involved

scuttler

Holmfirth again please, if only to annoy the Daily Heil readers.

eddie11
    Free Member

Rate gradely

convert

Seen the date anywhere yet? Just wonder when they’ll do it – this time of year as usual? Could be interesting weather if they do.

tang
    Free Member

I will definitely be taking a week off for that.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Well I’ll go t’t’foot of our stairs.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eee bi ek.

Harrogateshire, possible? Could be anywhere though couldn’t it..

crazy-legs

Seen the date anywhere yet? Just wonder when they’ll do it – this time of year as usual? Could be interesting weather if they do.

End of September is normal. It’s only October this year to try and offset some of the insane heat in Doha!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well the heat certainly won’t be a problem will it 😆

convert

End of September is normal. It’s only October this year to try and offset some of the insane heat in Doha!

End of September, early October – kind of what I meant. Don’t get me wrong, I love Yorkshire – but end of September is not the greatest statistically for a successful outdoor event there. TdF in early July – good chance, Worlds in late September – not convinced that’s a good idea really.

edhornby

All the Belgian hard b@stards will do the classics then have time to peak again for worlds 🙂

trout
    Free Member

End of September, early October – kind of what I meant. Don’t get me wrong, I love Yorkshire – but end of September is not the greatest statistically for a successful outdoor event there. TdF in early July – good chance, Worlds in late September – not convinced that’s a good idea really.

september and october have been the best months for riding for the last 5 years
    in my part of Yorkshire ( Skipton area )
    July and August have been shite

unklehomered
    Free Member

Harrogateshire, possible?

Well I’m optimistic…

ChrisE
    Free Member

I know North Yorkshire County Council has been heavily involved in the bid. That can only mean a Dales day or N York Moors. It’s got to be on fully closed roads (not rolling blocks like TdY ) so really it’s got to be there anyway.

My guess is Leeds base.

C

john_drummer
    Free Member

Well I, living near Bratfud, shall be going elsewhere for the duration. It’s hard enough moving round ‘ere as it is wi’out a pigging bloody bike race blocking t’roads

slowoldman

Lord Verity of Harrogate says it will include all Yorkshire regions. So work out a route that does that.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Mmmm lord verity must have run out of groats

mt
    Free Member

You may recognise some of the route from a well known bike race of recent years.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Early September was very nice this year, then it got cold and wet very quickly down the road from Skipton 😉

Still great news though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Use the flat vale for the TT’s then the bumps in t’dales/NYM for the proper racing, winner.

One thing Yorkshire has in abundance is verity of terrain.

Can’t see the Grumpy FIL getting behind it though, may block his daily trips to the tip and his weekly escapades to the hospital.. #bloodycyclistseverywherecan’tdrivedarnt’bloodylanewi’yarthavingt’overtakeem’onthebendsandshouldn’tberidingtwoabrestdressedinshineytightstheylookgheyneverdressedlikethatinmyday

atlaz
    Free Member

Ironically, the talk about Yorkshire 2019 has reminded me I need tickets for the CX World Champs down the road from me in a few months.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire 2019’ is closed to new replies.