Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • York pub accommodation
  • rascal
    Free Member

Anniversary next week and the wife wants to stay in a ‘nice’ pub in York city centre for a few nights.
    Any recommendations? Will be on a B&B basis but will eat there in the evening if the food’s good…oh, and must have good range of ales 😉

Cheers

russianbob
    Free Member

I can recommend the Guy Fawkes Inn.

nealglover
    Free Member

I live in York so not sure which town centre pubs do B&B adobe need had the nerd to use them, but if you let me know any that you are considering I can let you know what the pub and the food is like.

rascal
    Free Member

Anyone else?

Marin
    Free Member

Krakatoa Restaurant for great Indonesian food. No help for beds though.

ton

brigantes for ace ale and food.

rascal
    Free Member

Guy Fawkes Inn it is then.
    Mmmm…real ales, scrummy food and scary ghost walk!
    (And a geeky whistle-stop at the train museum probably).
    Cold so roaring log fire too would be great 😉

Alini
    Free Member

Would also recommend the Lamb and Lion, which is the sister pub to Guy Fawkes Inn.

Similar deal in terms of food, good choice of beers, but if I was staying over would choose the Lamb.

lapierrelady

If you end up at the lamb and lion, can I recommend cafe 68 on Gillygate for breakfast/lunch/cake.. It’s round the corner and damn tasty. Try Pivni and the House of Trembling Madness for ales also.

Alini
    Free Member

Would also def recommend cafe 68, Pivni and Trembling Madness!

Sotano is a basement bar with good selection of beers and they do great tapas style grub

Evil Eye make the best cocktails in York IMO.

rascal
    Free Member

Love the sound of the House of Trembling Madness! – plus the lady will like Evil Eye – cheers

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

(And a geeky whistle-stop at the train museum probably).

You’re not seriouly considering going to York and not going to the train museum are you?
    20 miles north of York is the North Yorkshire Moors Railway
    Nowt to do with places to stay, but steam trains. And not terribly far away is the New Inn and Cropton Brewey – B&B&Brewery.

Gribs

The Seahorse Hotel has nice rooms but the breakfast isn’t great plus it’s a Sam Smiths pub so has a good but limited range of beers. It’s in a great location very close to the centre and reasonably priced.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘York pub accommodation’ is closed to new replies.