Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • York Peeps
  • MartinGT
    Free Member

Guys

Can you tell me how easy it is to get to Monks Cross from the station. Ive multimapped it and it says 3.7m (12mins) here

In reality though, how easy and how long?

TIA

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

traffic can be a bit of a nightmare through gillygate (f thats the way you get there?). its not far though, so it can't really be that bad…

MartinGT
    Free Member

Tommorow I shall be going the A64 via car. However in the future I may have to take the train. So was wondering how long it would take to either walk or cycle or if there is a bus.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

cycle is 15 – 20mins i used to work there and rode from near the station. Bus is to pricy and not any quicker.

Tis quite a nice ride.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Cheers Shep.

Out of interest, where did you work?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Good luck in however you try – with every passing day the traffic gets worse and I imagine riding (or walking even) will be as quick as driving. I hate York traffic with a passion.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Martin

He used to work in the same place your going too, i think. get the Silver line bus from outside the station, couple of quid, the ride is shocking, don't know what the hell he's on about.

X

MartinGT
    Free Member

Well I have a meeting in Bradford first so will be driving.

Thanks for the info.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Mr O, I will always take a bike ride through York over a Bus.

Hope you enjoy evans. Was a good laugh there.

ross980
    Free Member

the ride is shocking, don't know what the hell he's on about.

It's not too bad. Past the Minster is ok (but always ridiculously windy). Monkgate/Hewarth Green isn't great but after that Malton Road is all segregated cycle lanes.

Driving wise – it depends what time of day you're going. I think I'd be tempted to avoid Gillygate and go the other way round the inner ring road then past Cliffords Tower and through town.

linky[

MartinGT
    Free Member

Well I got there from Leeds Centre in 45 mins and thats with traffic slowing down at Bramham for the Leeds Festival.

Then coming back to goto the Newcastle game I made it to my house in 30mins 🙂 Now this wont be the same.

Oh and its not Evans Shep, its a consultant engineers.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Ah sorry martin was just going on what Mr Port said as he works there.

Hope it goes well, and you sort your traveling.

gingerflash

"I hate York traffic with a passion. "

I've just changed jobs and now work in York city centre. Takes me 40 minutes from home in Leeds, to be parked up and sitting at my desk. Been doing it for a couple of months, and only been more than 45 minutes about twice. Can't complain about that at all. It used to take at least 50 minutes to do the 6 miles from home to the centre of Leeds.

carlosg
    Free Member

Tommorow I shall be going the A64 via car. However in the future I may have to take the train. So was wondering how long it would take to either walk or cycle or if there is a bus.

I hate the A64 , don't know why. Prefer to take the A658/A59 it just seems like a more relaxing route (and it's easier to get to from where I live)

EDIT : If you're coming from Bradford it could be the better route for you too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I've just changed jobs and now work in York city centre. Takes me 40 minutes from home in Leeds, to be parked up and sitting at my desk. Been doing it for a couple of months, and only been more than 45 minutes about twice. Can't complain about that at all. It used to take at least 50 minutes to do the 6 miles from home to the centre of Leeds.

Agreed that the Leeds traffic is silly (especially going into Headingley). It used to take me over an hour most mornings (commuting from Harrogate). I could ride it in less time, and that was using trails through Harewood/Meanwood too). The York traffic I refer to is around the ring road – I rarely venture into the centre in a car.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

York Ring road is shocking I work in Thirsk 23 miles away and the journey must take nearly an hour, More than half of which is Acomb to Skelton which is 5-6 miles

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘York Peeps’ is closed to new replies.