Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Yoga – So who does it?….and any tips for crow pose?
  • organic355
    Free Member

So Been doing yoga now for about 6 months, mainly forrest and vinyasa, with some YIN.

Loving it so far and the core strength it is giving me. Working on my inversions (hand stands/headstands) but my main demon is Bakasana (crow pose)

Any yogis on give me some tips? – think my main issue is fear of breaking my face!

Yak

Accept that you might/will fall onto your face and then you will commit properly to it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do not think, just become crow.

numbnut
    Free Member

Put a bolster where you think you will face plant.
    Once you’ve mastered the balance point you’ll be ok!

organic355
    Free Member

@ Yeti 🙂

vintagewino
    Free Member

I started crow squeezing my legs with my arms but I can now do it as shown above. The key thing for me was back flexibility – once I had that I could get my knees on my elbows pretty easily. The balance is easier for me if I look between my legs, I tend to tip backwards if I look up. Hold for 5 breaths then pop straight to plank!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You learn fast.

In a world of more useful tips… put your knees as close to your armpits as you can.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Any yogis on give me some tips? – think my main issue is fear of breaking my face!

That would be bit of a boo-boo. 😉

Also, avoid drinking Kia-Ora.

Too orangey.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

I find it easier if I touch my toes together. Not sure why this helps but it seems to stabilise the pose much more.

footflaps

That photo is Crane, not crow. Crow is bent arms.

GMB has a good video on Crane…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ8j3JGnb48[/video]

I’m just working on this. Took me about two weeks of practice every other day to get Crow (bent arm) starting at struggling to hold it for 1 sec to now being able to hold 30sec plus. And yes, I did bruise my head the first time I tried….

Crane is proving a bit harder as my arms keep collapsing and going slightly bent…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Make a good base with a platform for knees

SaxonRider

Any yogis on give me some tips?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Yoga – So who does it?….and any tips for crow pose?’ is closed to new replies.