Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • yoga in dorking
  • lock
    Free Member

anyone tried yoga to help there fitness or injuries?

they are doing a 6 weeks yoga class for cyclist in dorking,ive been doing it a while know,really helps stretch me out

anyone enjoyed yoga,i got an email from them can i put it on the forum?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m a yoga addict. Absolutely love it.

I don’t live in Dorking though.

traildog
    Free Member

I recommend yoga to everyone. Yes you should go, it’s great.

xcgb
    Free Member

Lock
    can you post the details, i’m interested

ta

lock
    Free Member

My name is Louise Ionascu. I run regularly 4+ times a week varying the distance from middle distance on the track to running anything up to 13 miles cross-country. I run for a local club and have run for Surrey at County Level. I also enjoy cycling and swimming. I have been practicing yoga since 2000 and became a qualified Kripalu Yoga teacher in 2004 and yoga therapist in 2009. I have been teaching for over 7 years at the Kripalu Yoga Centre in Dorking. I know my yoga practice has helped me to maintain optimum health and also help prevent muscular injuries.

For this reason I recognise the importance of prevention and would like to offer a yoga programme to all those dedicated cyclist/mountain bikers out there. When we continually put our body through it paces, and those little niggles are ignored and that lower back or knee pain is not going away, we then might then think about listening to our body.

This 6-week programme is preventative rather than cure towards rebalancing your whole body with a series of opening, standing, backbends, forward bends, core, inversions and balancing postures. Help maintain a happy, and youthful spine by keeping the vertebral discs hydrated and supple through a series of flexion, extension, lateral, and rotation movements.

Help maintain and improved muscular strength and stamina.

Stimulate circulation, respiration and cardiovascular.

Connect deeper towards the breath, and awaken the life force.

The timing is never going to suit every-one or the right day? This programme would be starting in September, a Saturday or Sunday am or pm.? Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

The programme cost £60 for 6 classes – lasting one hour.

For more information please contact Louise at the Kripalu Yoga Centre.

T.01306 882 563 E.studio@kripalu.co.uk W. http://www.kripalu.co.uk

My name is Louise Ionascu. I run regularly 4+ times a week varying the distance from middle distance on the track to running anything up to T.01306 882 563 E.studio@kripalu.co.uk W. http://www.kripalu.co.uk

bullheart
    Free Member

thomthumb
    Free Member

I recommend yoga to everyone.

+1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘yoga in dorking’ is closed to new replies.