Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Yoga
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone do any Yoga to help keep yourself flexible and in good shape?

If so what sort of things you doing? how often etc?

Does it help? Have you noticed any benefit?

I keep getting a niggle in my knee and think some Yoga would help.

sweepy
    Free Member

dont know if it would help you're knee, helps flexibility tho. I do it cos I enjoy it

GrahamA
    Free Member

Check out Iliotibial band syndrome and maybe get a referral to a physio'

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

The physio told me some great stretches for my rotator cuff tendonitis, I only went to the first appointment, the stretches sorted me good and proper

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Been to a physio, self massage and stretching sorts it out – but thinking something regular might help keep me supple.

stumpy01

I used to do yoga once a week at the gym I was a member off & really enjoyed it. Helped my flexibility no end.

Not sure what type of yoga it was – the class was called 'dynamic stretch' as the instructor thought it would make blokes more likely to attend.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Some exceptionally cute eye-candy at the few yoga classes I've been to!

Must get back there someday…

oddjob
    Free Member

The MRs and I have been doing Pilates 2-3 times a week since Christmas and I really notice the benefits, better core strength = easier getting up and down from the floor, better posture, helps on the bike with flexibility and getting over/around stuff and generally feel better. I can even see my abs!

We started with a simple DVD and have moved on to the more advanced ones.

Check out stottpilates.co.uk (google stott pilates if that is wrong)

IHN

jond
    Free Member

I'd been inclined to do Pilates rather than yoga (than again, I've been doing it for about 9 years or so) – more focus on core strength whilst maintaining flexibility and muscle balance. In fact, the only time I've ever overstrained anything was actually in a yoga taster class…
    Pilates started of as a rehabilitation technique, and still is, so you'll probably find a lot of people in the class have got there through an injury of some sort.

It'd be worth doing at least one or two courses of matwork sessions with an instructor first – they may well be able to advise in your case (tho' I'd probably try the physio first), plus getting breathing/posture/body awareness from the start is important, they'll spot if you're doing something wrong that you might miss yourself (eg engaging your back when you shouldn't etc)

hora
    Free Member

I'd go for the birds.

thejesmonddingo

Hora,are you on short rations again?
    ian

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I'd go for the comedy involuntary farting…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Surf-Mat, are you on beans rations?

hora
    Free Member

No – the nuclear reactor fitted to my pelvis has a service life of 1,000,000,000 years 😯

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I used to go to Ashtanga yoga and I agree with surf mat. Some of the positions meant a thunderous fart escaped without it's slippers on. I always found it weird that the intructor, from Lesbania, and some of the fit totty ddin't find it as funny.

I stopped going.

odannyboy
    Free Member

😆

ART

Yoga convert here, couldn't get on with Pilates. Better core stability, better flexibility, no more back pain – yay! Do a mix of Ashtanga and some hatha – highly recommended. 😀 No farting in my glass – at least not on my side of the room!!!! 😉

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i think out of the 7 core movements, these were the culprits for me. I mean, even if you've got the volume down you can hear..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Yoga’ is closed to new replies.