• This topic has 54 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by xora.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Yodel – more courier bellendery
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

so Yodel have just called.
    Apparently they can’t tell me where the parcel is because of the Data Protection Act. I pointed out that that was nonsense because the driver had already told me he didn’t know the address, I assume he’d just picked a door that didn’t have a name or number on it (unlike mine which has both), and the Data Protection Act doesn’t prohibit disseminating information that is in the public domain (eg a name and a number written on door). Change of tack, it’s not the Data Protection Act at all, it’s Yodel’s policy. so it’s Yodel’s policy to leave parcels on the wrong doorstep, not get a signature for goods which need signed for then not tell the recipient where the parcel has been left.
    Awesome.
    do they get issued with mp3 players that just repeat the instruction “breath in, breath out, breath in” in case they can’t manage that on their own?

durhambiker
    Free Member

Just been reasonably impressed with Parcel Force for a change, they got my parcel from Spain at 2.30am today somewhere down south, and had it delivered to my door in Durham before lunch time. Forged “signature” on the proof of delivery mind, as noone was in, but luckily it was there when I got home.

spooky_b329

Your Yodel driver is on his way…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKGnyh5jIWM[/video]

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Avoid them at all costs. DPD absolutely brilliant can’t fault them, parcel force not perfect but head and shoulders above Yodel. Royal Mail never had a problem.

sirromj

spooky_b329 – Member
    Your Yodel driver is on his way…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKGnyh5jIWM

Was going to post that. We saw it too, donoughting in the currys/pcworld carpark. Felt rather nervous about being anywhere near.

He’s been sacked.

squirrelking
    Free Member

“He would be drifting around the roundabout for around an hour or so at a time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Most of my local guys are great, the only thing that got in the way was they needed photo ID to leave my new phone and I was out of the office. Ended up being returned, phone call with phone company.
    Ah yes the driver reported he couldn’t find the office
    Well he did as he was up there twice and left a card
    No it says he couldn’t find it
    He was stood in there asking people where my desk was
    No it says he couldn’t find it…..

Many years ago when sending a very expensive gas analyser to the other office (normally somebody would drive it ourselves from Rugby to Newcastle) we packaged it up but it needed a second signature on pick up for the insurance amount. We had marked the box this way up on all sides etc. marked Extremely Fragile, I got the call to come down and sign for dispatch to find the box stood on it’s end. A very long conversation asking said courier what he though the words all over the box meant….

grumpyrs

DPD drove past my house 1/2 an hour before the delivery slot. No parcel an hour later so check the tracking. The driver couldn’t find your house or gain access! You’ve got to be kidding! He was less than three feet from the sign on the gate with the house name on it. Unreal!!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

DPD are having some teething problems at the moment, their service has definitely suffered as a result of the massive changes they’ve made over the past yea. They do seem to realise and be trying to address it though and in spite of it we still reckon they’re better than the other couriers we’ve used.

Pigface
    Free Member

Found a load of rubbish a DPD driver had chucked in a river at Bancyfelin, I fished it out and he had cleaned the inside of the van, put it in a DPD envelope/bag thing and into the river it went. I was taking a sample for work and there it was.

Took it the depot in Swansea and asked the manager what he would do about it. Two days later he calls me and says he has sacked the driver 😯

Still not sure how I feel about that.

dannybgoode

Not defending bellendery per se but I have done the odd days driving for multi drop courier firms and it is about the most soul destroying thing I have ever done.

I really do not know how anyone can stick at it more than a couple of days.

Vans badly loaded, expected to go out with unsafe loads, expected to deliver items that should be 2 man lifts (80kg king size bed base for eg), anywhere up to 120 drops, 14-15 hour days, phone calls from the depot every half hour asking where you’re up to etc. I could go on.

Really, its a horrible horrible job. Sure that’s no excuse for not doing the job properly but it would grind me down within a week to really not giving a flying **** about what I was delivering or to whom and I, as a rule, like to give a shit about what I do.

Trouble is with so much competition they send out drivers on their own when there should be 2 people in the van and they should have at least 1/3 more drivers covering the work load. I met a few drivers who had 2 digital tacho cards just so they could work the hours required. If VOSA caught you with 2 cards you’d be royally screwed – potentially license losing stuff that is but they had to do it to keep their jobs.

NB for the record it was not Yodel I worked for but I am pretty sure they’re all much of a muchness when it comes to employment. I have a modicum more sympathy and tolerance now for the drivers themselves and a lot more hatred and anger at the management who are running the show.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Sounds like they’re increasing the number of drops, once had a chat with a Yodel driver who couldn’t believe I was expected to call on 120-150 customers per day in my job

dannybgoode

They all are – common complaint back at the depot. People signing up expecting 70-90 drops then it creeps to 100 and now 100+.

Its frankly ridiculous. Wouldn’t do it again even for a day…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

It seems having stuff delivered when your not in is a form of self flagellation.

xora

Must say working from home makes me the delivery guys favorite person! I never have trouble with my deliveries 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Yodel – more courier bellendery’ is closed to new replies.