Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • yip, another dropping post question – Reverb or Command?
  • Vortexracing

Got the chance of a getting a a new Spesh Command post for £190.

or getting a reverb @ £250.

Both seem similar in weight, how reliable are the Command posts?

and is the Rockshox worth the extra £60?

Dan1502
    Free Member

I don’t know anything about the Command but you should be able to get the Reverb for less than that. I’ve managed to negotiate a price of £220 but then decided to stick with the KS i950r I picked up second had for now. I can’t say who with but have seen similar prices from the reliable German stores.

slowrider
    Free Member

Never tried a command post. The reverb is ace though. For me a dropper post should have a decent remote, reliability and not be restricted to fixed heights, everything else is a compromise. Ive had posts with under the seat adjustment and fixed heights before and they were good but combining all the best elements in to one made the reverb the one for me.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The Command Post has only 3 positions; fully extended, 35mm drop and 100mm drop. Others including the Reverb can be dropped anywhere inbetween maling them more useful.
    I have the Reverb and it’s been great once bled which isn’t that hard to do. I paid £220 from wiggle, I wouldn’t buy a dropper post outside the UK just because of the warranty.

Dan1502
    Free Member

The offer I had was a UK price but if the discount is big enough it’s worth buying from the EU as postage isn’t that much. That said with dropper posts having more problems than most things I would also prefer UK for one of these.

frogger
    Free Member

I have a Command post and like the fact that is has a set drop point as you know the seat is at a particular point and get used to it in that position. I do want to try a Reverb though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

How’s the 5 Spot going Vortex?

Vortexracing

It’s going very well Chunky, treated it to a set of XTR cranks, a Fox Van RC coil and a set of non u-turn Revs (Rl ti). Now weighs 28.1lbs in the piccy. The coil really does seem to be very good. Need a few more rides on it to be sure, just the 1lb extra weight is a bit of a bugger really. 🙁

It pedals very well, even with the coil on.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/17059060@N00/5585536139/]P1030566[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘yip, another dropping post question – Reverb or Command?’ is closed to new replies.