Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yeti SB66 fork question
  • justinbieber

I’m running a pair of Fox 36 TALAS R’s on my Yeti SB66 and I’m not 100% happy with them. I like the stiffness, but they aren’t particularly sensitive.
    Should I switch the internals to Floats and possibly reduce the travel to 150mm, or stick a set of revelations or x-fusions on there?

I’d like to reduce the weight a bit, but not lose too much stiffness and unfortunately I can’t afford fox 34’s or rockshox pikes.

Thoughts?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Get in touch with tf tuned see how much it’ll cost to convert to floats and maybe reduce travel to 150 to match rear wheel travel.

Alternatively sell the talas and take a look at the revs or the slants (which I have and like).

plyphon
    Free Member

What do you mean by sensitive? Don’t absorb small bumps, big bumps, slow hits, fast hits?

probably a set up issue, rather than a “you need to spend £700 on new forks” issue.

justinbieber

They don’t absorb small bumps – generally they feel harsh unless I drop the pressure, but then they dive through their travel a bit too much for my liking.

chakaping
    Free Member

They don’t absorb small bumps – generally they feel harsh unless I drop the pressure, but then they dive through their travel a bit too much for my liking.

My 2011 36 Float R felt like that.

Previous 2008 Talas RC2 was much better, or the Fit damping is good apparently.

jairaj

The diving issue is the same problem I’ve found on Fox forks without compression adjust. I like to run forks with ~30% sag and found they just dive all over the place.

Speak to a suspension tuner, Loco, Mojo, TF etc .. they will discuss options with you.

Could just be as simple as increasing oil weight or playing with the shims (assuming yours have a shim stack) or could mean new damper with compression adjust.

I haven’t tried the FIT damper but heard it looses some small bump compliance compared to the open bath damper.

b45her
    Free Member

talas forks are notorious for having poor sensitivity to small bumps, convert them to floats it will be the best 80-100 quid you’ll ever spend on a bike.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Get a set of X Fusion slants. I love mine. Stiff enough, supple and well priced.

banks
    Free Member

+1 for ditching talas & going float

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yeti SB66 fork question’ is closed to new replies.