Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Yeti cable guides
  • northernmatt

Specifically these ones. Are they okay with braided Hope brake lines? I still can’t get over the fact that I may have to fork out £30 for 6 little bits of aluminium and 3 bolts. 😐

BTW – I know this isn’t the first time I’ve asked on this subject but the ones Steve @ Shand sent me (thanks Steve!) don’t agree with big fat braided hoses. They seem suited to something more svelte and elegant.

pyekid
    Free Member

When building up my asr5c, I had to drill out for goodridge hoses.

spikey
    Free Member

On the yeti guides two are for gear cable and one for brake hose.
    Wat bike are they for?
    Crc have some nukeproof guides that look like they might do the job.

northernmatt

They’re for a Mondraker Dune. The routing for the rear mech and rear brake runs down the underside of the downtube. There aren’t any welded on guides just 3 bolt holes. I found some Lapierre ones but there is only one place with them and they only have one. The new Ragley ones are the same as the ones Steve sent me. The old Ragley ones are no longer available. The Yeti ones have price to weight ratio of unobtainium.

The really annoying thing is that I’d asked Silverfish if they had any but Steve managed to get in there first. They had some spare then but I spoke to them today and they’ve not got any left!

Bum.

Edit: should say that the bottom of the downtube is flat so curved guides aren’t much use either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Yeti cable guides’ is closed to new replies.