Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yeti Big Top does anyone have one?
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Hi looking around at the 29ers that are about and came across one of these , has anyone ridden one or have one, any feedback would be good,
    Thanks

GlennG
    Free Member

Bunnerscj who posts on here has one, looks very nice although I know he has cracked his frame and replaced under warranty with no issues. Know he rates his and will probably be along to give his views? He seems to prefer his singular swift? Big top does look smart though. I have only just started riding 29ers and just built up a singular swift (fully Rigid and ss) really nice bike to ride and can recommend it as a cheapish 29er frame set.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hellllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
    Hi GG !

Jeffus, GG is right, I do rate it, its a lovely frame, super light, lovely handbuilt frame with beautiful welds and carbon work. Very versatile and very quick. Has direct mount front mech, removeable ISCG mount plate and swappable drop outs for SS or bolt through rear.

I did indeed crack the 2011 one ( fat biffer….) but that shouldnt put you off trying / buying one. Mines an XL (6ft 4″), if it would fit and you local to South East, drop me a line for a test ride 🙄 .

The 2012 frame (all black this year with inset headset)is lovely, better looking than the 2011 and with the inset headset, easier to get the front end height right.

Unfortunately I have always loved Yeti frames (ASX in the past) so bought it. I am also a steel frame fan and since buying a Singular Swift for singlespeed duties, want another steel frame to replace the Big Top.

Silverfish (UK Importers / distributor) were nothing short of excellent when the first frame cracked. Just about 3 weeks if I recall from sending the frame back to BETD (where purchased, them to remove the headset and send the new one back to me with a new Chris King headset. Couldnt fault either silverfish or BETD.
    Drop me a mail if I can help further. Got some pics somewhere of mine built up.

Regards

Bunners 😆

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks Bunners, I’m a shorty 5′ 9″ , and live in N.Wales so can’t take you up on your offer, thanks v.much though, I’m looking around for 29er ideas so your info is very good, I’m also looking at the Salsa Spearfish, Niners and a few others , canfield looks good also, I suffer with my back so full sus or carbon back end may be just enough to stop the pain 😀

markenduro
    Free Member

The big top looks like a nice piece of kit and are light, the biggest drawback I can see is that there isn’t a lot of of mud clearance around the back wheel on the one my mate has (running 2.2 kenda nevagals), might not be an issue if you never ride in mud.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I ride all year round so mud is my friend in the winter 😀 I’ll take a closer look at the clearance, I imagine the 29er wheels flex more 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yeti Big Top does anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.