Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Yeti ASRc Vs Canyon Lux
  • taxi25
    Free Member

Kryton’s input wasn’t a total waste, his link to the trek superfly could be your answer 😀
    I’ve got one and it very under rated IMHO. It’ll tick all your boxes but for some reason flies under most peoples radar. Mines down to under 23lbs and is easily the fastest bike I’ve ever owned.

angeldust
    Free Member

Thanks again for all the constructive posts. Genuinely much appreciated.

As for the others….I know being a judgmental sanctimonious bitter grumpy old man is all too often the norm on STW (me included sometimes), but direct it at me and either you will get short shrift or just ignored (I would expect the same). Judging by his last comment, I doubt Kryton is even aware how his posts are being interpreted (does behaving that way just become ingrained on this forum?). Perhaps he learned something? Either way, there are no hard feelings from me, and I hope the feeling is mutual.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I have an asrc used for fast xc

Only ridden it a couple of times as was a warranty replacement after cracking 2 arcc frames and now on the winter mud plugger.

With pro pedal on its almost as firm as a hard tail.

MM

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

😯

Did the other frames break because the seatpost snapped it??

angeldust
    Free Member

That Yeti looks great

DanW
    Free Member

Did the other frames break because the seatpost snapped it??

😆

Jokes aside I’d imagine it was swingarms giving way???

MountainMutant
    Free Member

One did, the other went on the seat stay!

What do I do though. It’s a large frame and I’m an in proportion 6’1″. That’s the size Yeti recommend for my height (upto 6’3″)

I’m hoping the softer rear end will put less pressure there.

Wouldn’t recommend a sloping top tube and long legs!

(It was the hard tail versions that snapped)

DanW
    Free Member

So one seatstay and one chainstay broken? That isn’t great going 😥

MountainMutant
    Free Member

No, top tube at the seat post on one and seatstay on the other

I’ve cracked everyframe I’ve ever owned except an old yeti 575 (Ali frame) so maybe it’s me

djflexure

Probably reflects that there is a limit to how much material you can lose from a frame before it becomes prone to failure. The back end of the ASRc looks like it might snap just looking at it. I’ll stop looking now just in case, as it is very nice.
    On a positive note although I have seen Yeti’s with broken carbon chain stays I have run one for a couple of years with no problems (although its a Big Top and they appear overbuilt and certainly not very lightweight)..

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Can confirm the warranty is good

teamslug
    Free Member

Have you considered an orbea occam tr. as in this weeks fresh goods Friday. Best bike I’ve ever had.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ride on, dude 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASRc Vs Canyon Lux’ is closed to new replies.