Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Yeti ASR5 fans new build/pic…
  • scruzer
    Free Member

Finally got pics up loaded… Here’s two taken in June

Houns

Very tasty that!

Nice silver finishing kit..Personally I may have gone for a silver headset and seat clamp

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

very nice….

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

scruzer – did you take that on its maiden voyage up the peak disctrict near edale one sunday? i was speaking to someone with the exact spec and bike and it was just in edale down past the stream heading up towards hope cross? if not someone has that exact same bike!

scruzer
    Free Member

Os W’ no but that is my neck of woods! Hang on… Oh its ok she’s not been nicked! Someone else with same ideas then…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmm you sure? haha, it may not have been the maiden voyage but it was gleammming new like that, and it was around june/july time? it was full xtr all over? and im sure it had that seatpost! im sure you speak to a few people, but it was at the crossing of that stream at the bottom of the climb towards hope cross, me and a mate were having a chat to you/somebody ha!

if not then someone has equally as good taste/money as you 😆

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Beautiful!

Have been very tempted by an ASR5C since they were released. May go test ride one in the New Year. An American kid I rode with in the Alps this year had the Alu version in white with 120mm forks and he took that everywhere. Quickly.

Is that a large frame with 140s?

M6TTF
    Free Member

fence needs painting 4/10 😉

scruzer
    Free Member

Os W oh yeah, could well have been me at Jaggers Clough? I remember discussing the XTR Shifters there with someone… never having had such luxuries before

M with 140mm forks

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha yeah i think we did! at the time id just put xtr shifters on and the difference was very obvious from xt, then you were telling me you thought you may as well go whole hog with xtr! sounds about right that!! me and my mate were drooling (i was the one talking to you) after you went, we were commenting how that shiny newish looking love machine wouldnt look like that after riding some of the stuff up there, still if thats after those pics looks like it did!

i must admit in the flesh that was one of the nicest looking bikes ive ever come across! defo at some price, but it is a work of art in the flesh (and in the pics)

is it still in the same pristine condition now? you must look after it well!

scruzer
    Free Member

Os W – Well remebered. Not quite so ‘new’ now, usual contact points havig the usual scuffs. Why Mavic stopped doin the Ceramic coated rims I dont know! Shimano need to loose their ‘XTR Grey’ once and for all!Apart from that all is well. Oh, the saddle is loosing some of its ‘silky’ coat (laminate)around stitching…Thanks for the kind comments too.

bobalong
    Free Member

That’s a beauty – it makes me want a FS again!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

its one of the few bikes ive seen out that has made me go WOW, and hence 4-5 months on i can remember it so vividly from one picture the very same bike hahah, says it all really….

small world eh scruzer – defo remember the shifter conversation now and you were on your own just to confirm it was you, it was a lovely hot summers day too, we had a cracking ride that day on the way home of 35 miles and my mate was dead climbing back up towards edale from the stream! i think you were just on the start of yours at about 1pm or something….god i want summer back 🙁

Algore
    Free Member

Very nice. I’ve got the same and also went silver finishing kit. Good looking bikes.

Kryton57

Anyone else’s shorts rub on the ASR TT? Or have I got squinty legs?

I want to Helitape the sides above the upper shock mount but becuase the tape a) wont form around the bend to the top & the bend in the tube at the same time without creasing and b) ’cause mine is white too and dirt in the edges of the tape looks naff, I’m uncertain what to do……

montylikesbeer

That is as tidy as you like

matt23
    Free Member

Very nice bike that…….waiting for my Blur TRc to arrive and be built! 😆

Kryton57

P.S. Yes lovely – looks equally good with black finishing kit (coughs) 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

nice looking bike that, my mate has one too, in white just like that.

What travel forks have you got on the front?

stayhigh

I think a little bit of wee just came out 😳

How does it ride with 140’s?

amplebrew

That is fantastic, very clean, simple and looks nice and light.

Love the silver bits and the XTR chainset looks really cool on it 8)

chojin
    Free Member

Scruzer, what size Nic have you got on the rear? Also, how many spacers were used on your bottom bracket?

bikebouy
    Free Member

That is truely a beaut!! I so hope you get it wet and muddy.

I had an ARC a while back, I love Yetis, not into FS but for sure that has wet my appetite.

scruzer
    Free Member

As ya all been so kind (not so many comments on grass, fence, garden etc tonight) I will take time to answer the Qs.

140mm forks
    2.25 N/Nics Evo, Snakeskins front and rear
    1 spacer on drive side (none on off side).
    26(and a bit)lbs w/ pedals.

Re: thread on here this week about ‘012 frames/shock combo, mine is 2011 frame with non Kashima RP23 B/V shock…

Hadge
    Free Member

Nice bike dude and love the XTR cranks. I wanted some for my new build but I got some of the M970 arms new for a bargain price. The ASR5C was on my shortlist but couldn’t find any good deals on one. same thing when they brought out the SB66.

fathomer

If it rides half as good as it looks it must be fantastic. I really, really want one and your not helping! 😀

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Love my ASR5 too. Anno black myself, but that white does look nice. Would it be rude to have a pair of them?

Kryton57

If it rides half as good as it looks it must be fantastic. I really, really want one and your not helping!

Oh they do. I did 4 months of 120mm bike testing, and fell in love with mine within 20 minutes of riding it – it was the last bike on test. I spent the next 3 hours trying to find fault with it, then bought one the very next day.

3 months later and every time I get on it, it brings a grin to my face.

Mine looks exactly like the one above except its XT & 120mm at the front.

justatheory
    Free Member

Your fence looks identical to mine. You don’t reside in lovely Cheetham do you? Contemplating getting an ASR myself, despite only buying a Canyon last year. I don’t think I’ll be able to die happily until I’ve owned a Yeti.

JPcapel
    Free Member

I have just acquired a ASR-5 (ali frame).
    Its replaced a Turner 5spot DW link.
    Wanted something with shorter travel and a bit lighter. I ride the Surrey Hills mainly.
    This bike does seem spot on.
    I originally fudged the suspension set up. I had a CCDB on my turner and set the bike up plush.
    The ASR has a very low BB and the design expects the shock to be set up reasonably firm, the shock tune on the 2012 kashima coated RP23 is for the mid stroke to be a bit firmer than usual, means you also need the forks a tad firmer than usual to balance with the rear.

As a result its not a bike that rides particularly comfortably, the 575 is meant to be the choice to make if you want a plush ride.
    It has taken me a few rides to gell with the ASR5 but I now love it.

I usually prefer riding my hardtail (ragley ti) and this bike, being as light as it is, makes me want to ride this the most.
    Head angle is quite reasonable at 68, suspect using a 140 fork lowers this to 67.5 which feels about right until you get onto mentally steep gradients.
    I am keen on jumping/drops and am hoping the swing arm will standup to some abuse(?) it doesn’t seem to flexy and I use only a Qr rear, equally I am only 70kilos in weight.

I’ve wanted to own a yeti for a longtime and am now pleased to have realised this goal.

fatmax

I think that’s a beaut – looks just right in every way. Enjoy…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR5 fans new build/pic…’ is closed to new replies.