Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yeti ASR5 Carbon
  • cyclewerx

Is the above mentioned bike happy/capable of riding small/medium doubles/drops that can be found at trail centres (including the black graded stuff)?
    Very close to buying one of these so any input would be helpful

Cheers
    Craig

Vortexracing

my mate uses them for that type of stuff and it seems to be spot on

P20

I’m happy clearing small doubles on mine. I’m not into huge drops, but it’s been fine so far. I’ll happily take it down black runs

cyclewerx

@P20 Where abouts do you ride, are you local to the Dales by any chance? I ride trail centres and natural stuff, occasionally take drops up to 5 foot and small/medium doubles and also like steep, techy descents every now and again. Would you say this bike is capable for all of the above?

cheers

bigjim

I’m sure it will be way more than capable enough for that. If you can ride it has hard as they do in the videos on the yeti site I’ll be impressed!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Clearing gaps is never the problem. It’s coming up sort that is the problem 😯

P20

5ft drops, i’d classify that more on the large side personally. Its something i wouldn’t ride, so couldn’t comment. The bike is far more capable than me though

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It’s coming up sort that is the problem

Blooming good point. Ridden well, a lightweight bike can be launched without fear of it breaking. The difference is when it goes wrong; will the bike survive?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR5 Carbon’ is closed to new replies.