Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yeti asr-c knocking
  • All-On-Black
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve got a knocking that has started to occur when hitting rough terrain at speed. Anything where the rear end gets sudden hits from a root or rocks..

I’ve replaced bearings in the frame, replaced shock bushings, and it happens on 2 different wheel sets too. There’s no cracks and nothing is loose, so I am lost as to what it could be.

Anyone else had this problem??

P20

Shock topping out?

nonk
    Free Member

Check that the aluminium part of the chainstay that holds the main pivot bearing hasn’t come unbonded from the carbon part.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

I thought it could be the bonding but It’s a warranty replacement that’s only a few months old plus it looks and feels as it should.

The shock isn’t bottoming out because the sag marker isn’t at the end.

Any other ideas? It kinda feels like it could be the housing of the pivot bearings but as I say, it’s virtually brand new!

P20

I meant topping out due to lack of rebound control. Your other thread would support this

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Ahh ok so the shock is going back to full length to quick and reaching full length with a bang. Could be it then yeh.. rebound is super quick and chucks me up off the bike on rolly bumpy stuff.

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yeti asr-c knocking’ is closed to new replies.