• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rj.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yeti ASR-7
  • Shinythings
    Free Member

Probably been in a post already, but has anyone on here got one yet?
    Very interested and want to know what suspension people are settling on.
    Also, what extortionate cost I can expect for the frame.

Cheers

ojom
    Free Member

Hiya

I have given one a wee blast – admittedly not on anything worthy of 7" suspension HOWEVER… its fast as hell and amazing fun.

It picks up speed quicker than you realise – all of a sudden you are caning along and wondering how you got there!

Its a 'big'looking bike but it rides really well and not 'big' in terms of size just in terms of making you want to push on hard.

Its important to think of it as a big XC bike rather than a freeride bike. its for big hills and flat out speed. Imagine a 575 on 'roids…

If you want to chat about it then i am more than happy to.
    Mark 0131 557 2801

Burchy1
    Free Member

Made your choice then Jim…

Shinythings
    Free Member

Cheers, It's the sub 30lb weight V all round capability that's floating my boat. A big XC frame to replace the 46 is what I'm after.

What shocks were on it? I plan it to be based around 6" travel.

Dave, My money jar is filling nicely, but I suspect I will need to add a few Hundred in notes :cry:. Google it and you'll see why my wallets twitching.
    Just spoke to Ian. We is planning a right proper epic for Sat. You joining in?

ojom
    Free Member

Hey

36 floats and a dhx air.

genesis
    Free Member

I think there was talk of getting one on our demo fleet 😉

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

i've had a quick "go" on one. A very nice bike.

rj
    Free Member

I tried one at Glentress for an hour. Really nice bike and as quick as folk have said. It had Talas 36s on it, but to be honest it climbed fine with them at 160, so you're probably as well with floats. At the time I didn't really get the point of a 7" travel XC bike, but the more I think about it the more I reckon that I should stop trying to pigeonhole it and accept that it's just a cracking bike. It does come up pretty big, though. And it's really, really expensive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR-7’ is closed to new replies.