Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yeti ASR 5 Swingarm damage
  • bails

Will I die? Etc etc

Or is it just cosmetic damage from being hit by a rock? Can I patch it up somehow?

bigjim

ach that’s just the lacquer isn’t it? I’ve seen the same on another asr5 rear end, I wouldn’t worry about that personally. Get some heli tape on that quick smart, its a faff to fit but I’m really glad I did on mine.

legend
    Free Member

Hit by a rock on top of the swingarm? Or dropped on a rock?

P20

The bit above the AC of racing looks a bit iffy. My ASR5-C had a similar ‘crack’ on the downtube from a rock impact. I thought it was ok, but then it started creaking/cracking noises. It could easily be repaired though. The other thing to bear in mind is the flexing of the stays during compression

bails

Update:

I’ve just got the swingarm back from http://www.carboncyclerepairs.co.uk

I’ve lost the decal but it makes it unique I suppose 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

How much did the repair cost, out of interest?

bails

£120+Vat.

They’ve stripped the lacquer off most of the seatstay, put another layer of UD carbon on the damaged bit and then relacquered it.

Kryton57

Hmm. I’ve just had my impact damage looked at by Silverfish recommended LBS. Thier option was to pick away the loose lacquer (voids warranty) superglue the edges to prevent further flaking then coat the resulting “hole” in the lacquer with clear nail varnish. Of course it won’t look as neat as that.

I was lucky enough to secure a nearly new Mk2 swing arm for £200 from the ‘bay, so I think my damaged original will receive the above repair and stay on the shelf as an emergency spare.

bails

Yeah, I considered doing a home repair (glue and nail varnish) but wasn’t sure about any damage to the carbon under the lacquer. If it had been just lacquer damage then I might have done it.

But I’m really please with the quality of the work they’ve done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR 5 Swingarm damage’ is closed to new replies.