Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Yeti ASR 5 sizing???
  • jonnyrockymountain

Thinking about one of these for the new year I’m 5’8″ with 30″ inside leg with be riding with a 60mm stem
    What size would anyone recommend small or medium???

Kryton57

Scroll down a bit to see the size guide. http://www.yeticycles.com/#/bikes/asr5

P20

I’m 5’8″ on a medium, 70mm stem. It depends on how long you like your bikes. The hardtail is an 18″ 456C for comparison.

To The Pub And Hills by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

dickie
    Free Member
    rhysw
    Free Member

I’m 5″10 with a 31″ inside leg and I ride a large with a 50mm stem. It’s perfect for me. I’d go for a M if I were you

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers guy’s

pinetree
    Free Member

I’m going to throw a spanner in the works here, I’m afraid. I’m 5ft 8″ with an inside leg of around 30″ and I chose a small. I run a 90mm stem and its absolutely bang on for me.

With it having a pretty short wheelbase it can be a bit twitchy, but I quite like that. A medium with a short stem would probably be a bit more stable, but really it’s down to personal preference.

Best thing to do is to have a go of a demo bike. Where abouts are you based?

deanfbm
    Free Member

Is it going to be –

An all day xc bike with 120mm forks

or

Aggro trail bike with 140mm forks and a more meaty build

Im 5ft 10, 31″ inside leg, the lack of standover on the medium really annoys when used in an aggro fashion. The tt on a medium with a 70mm stem feels too long for me too, but then im not hung up on a mtb fitting like a road bike in the saddle.

Id say xc, saddle up all the time, medium will be fine for you no doubt. It’s just that if you want to thrash it, that muddies things some more, id be inclined to say small based on my preference and what i think will work for that purpose, what you like will obviously vary.

Demo a small if you’re thinking a little more aggro just to clarify things, if it’s xc, you won’t go wrong with the medium.

muzzle
    Free Member

5’10” here with 32″ inside leg… I ride a medium.

jonnyrockymountain

I was thinking of keeping my 120mm sid’s and buying some 140mm floats and change over depending on what I’m going to ride so a bit of both xc and trashing
    Been riding for last couple of years a 16″ c456 and a 16″ ST4 both with either 50 or 60mm stems

jimmy

there’s not much in the seat tube between a small and medium – the small is a tall bike for a small (~17.5″ seat tube, M is 18″ from memory). So it depends on the length of the top tube mostly and how you like your bikes. I’d guess a medium would be best, I’m 5’6″ (also 30″ leg) and ride a small with 70mm stem and its perfectly sized for me. I like my bikes to be on the shorter side.

yetitony
    Free Member

I spoke with the yeti rep and he recommended a medium for me. I am also 5’8″ and 30 inside leg.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR 5 sizing???’ is closed to new replies.