Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Yeti AS-R SL
  • Kit
    Free Member

Talk to me about them – they're 100mm rear travel, right? geometry, sizing, type of riding, etc? Is it a racey bike, or would 120mm bolt through forks suit it fine?

Saw there was a similar thread recently, but hoping to get some responses 😀

druidh
    Free Member

R = "Race"

Kit
    Free Member

Hmmm…

ChrisL

Wouldn't the ASR5 suit 120mm travel forks better than an ASR SL?

Looking at Yeti's web site it looks like the ASR is only available in carbon now. I could be wrong though, as their site is a flash-driven monstrosity. Their bikes look lovely though. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

There's a fully-built 5 in the shoppe Kit…..

will1
    Free Member

I have a 2008 ASR SL with 120RLC's on and it feels perfect to me. Ran it for a while with 100mm forks and although it felt good, it feels even better with the 120's on. I have heard of people running 130mm without any problems.

will1
    Free Member

Druid
    Any frames?

Kit
    Free Member

Good lord, I wouldn't pay for a new one – I've got an MSc so save for, you know!

Spotted one on ebay, and thinking of a 4" full sus frame to replace the hardtail. Would prefer a trance or similar, but its a good price.

druidh
    Free Member

will1 – not atm. What you looking for?

will1
    Free Member

Wanting an alloy one or even another ASR SL. Doesn't seem right just having one Yeti after selling the 575.

druidh
    Free Member

Drop Mark an email, or call him. He's in the shop today.

STATO
    Free Member

they're 100mm rear travel, right?

98mm, pretty plush so will bob if you dont know how to ride an FS bike properly.

geometry, sizing,

Pretty standard, Seat-tubes are long for their size (eg. Medium is 19" ST but length wise its the same as any other brand) but obviously standover is fine due to the dsign.

type of riding, etc? Is it a racey bike?

Yes it can be, stick light stuff on it and it will fly uphill and still be capable of going down. Build it like a trail bike and it will make mince meat of pretty much anything you take it down.

would 120mm bolt through forks suit it fine?

If you get a later maodel (07 on?) they were built a bit stiffer than the early ones. I have an 05 with the alu back end and a 08/09 i tried was stiffer even tho it had a crabon back end. Dont expect to make it into a 'hucker' tho as you cant get anything bigger than a 2.1" on the back (at least on my 05). But if you want steering precision then yes it would be a idea.

Kit
    Free Member

Thanks stato.

Pretty standard, Seat-tubes are long for their size (eg. Medium is 19" ST but length wise its the same as any other brand) but obviously standover is fine due to the dsign.

At 5'11", I'm guessing the 17" is going to be too small for me then?

Bad news about only a 2.1" in the back as well, although its an '07 I'm looking at.

Paulio
    Free Member

I've got 2.2 Conti Race Kings on my 2005 with the alu rear. Not much room left though.

STATO
    Free Member

At 5'11", I'm guessing the 17" is going to be too small for me then?

depends how they have measured it. If bb to top then thats a small, bb to centre then itll be a medium and prob just about ok. Newer back ends might have more clearance but i dont know.

STATO
    Free Member

a pdf of the old geo charts is here…
    Yeti ARS-SL

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Yeti AS-R SL’ is closed to new replies.