Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yeti Arc-X – Spring Clean + New Bits Content
  • resisted
    Free Member

After it’s second and much harsher winter of commuting, my Arc was looking like a brown mess and was in desperate need of some love! Just doubled my commute to about 110 miles a week and the bike was starting to sound like it was about to shake itself to pieces.

So, out came the cleaning products and so the weekend began with coffee and pasties in hand!. Took the whole thing apart, cleaned, polished, re-greased and added some new shiney bits to replace the broken and worn out guff that plagued it before. These include:

New Brake pads + Cables
    New GXP BB
    New Ultegra 6800 shifters (to replace Rivals with shattered internals) – These are the nuts in comparison
    New 105 SS r/mech
    New Tape and Hoods.
    New Schwalbe Sammy Slick 700x35C folding tyres

After much swearing and elbow-grease, the beast is re-born. Sorry about the crap quality image!

ARCX by re5i5ted, on Flickr

RealMan
    Free Member

Stem is upside down.

Looks nice though.

resisted
    Free Member

That’ll be because my back has all the flexibility of a brick! 😀

sputnik
    Free Member

That is one nice bike! Far too nice for a commuter…
    I have an ASR-SL in the same colour, would like to own an ACRX now as well 🙂

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

with you sputnik, i’ve got an asr and would really like an arcx as well.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Nice looking bike.

resisted
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments all, as I said, it’s often brown as opposed to shiney. It really deserves more love than I give it.

I’ve had Yetis for a few years – starting with a first gen 575, since then had a DJ and a 4X, although I’m now just down to the one, but when I wanted a CX bike I just couldn’t have bought anything else! (not even a Stigmata!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yeti Arc-X – Spring Clean + New Bits Content’ is closed to new replies.