Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • yeti arc
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Back in the day (as I believe you 'kids' refer to it !) I used to own a Yeti fro. Loved it, should never have got rid, etc, etc. I have now managed to convince myself that I NEED another Yeti hardtail. Any thoughts / reccommendations / wanton abuse?

pinches
    Free Member

ARCs look ace, they have one in the cyclesurgery in Kings cross (i saw it yesterday)

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Lovely bike, I love mine. Bought the frame used the other year just to try it really, I was after a bike that would do winter and in summer do miles and had just sold a scandal 29er that i'd built for the same reason but could never get just right. The yeti I loved from moment one. Not a stunningly light build, more functional, but it still weighs nothing and even with my hefty weight takes the abuse.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    geetee1972
    Free Member

The FRO was always my dream bike when I was 15 (back in the day 🙂 ). Around 1996 I ended up with a Yeti Kokopeli (odd European variant of the ARC but a bit cheaper) and at the time, Yeti were still making steel and alu versions of the FRO as well as the ARC.

I would have thought if you could find a steel FRO second hand, probably through Yetifan.com then you would have little to worry about from a reliability point of view. Perhaps a second hand ARC would be more worrying as at some point it's probably going to fail somewhere.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

geetee – I'd thought about trying to track down a second hand fro, but dont know about stuff like adapting it for discs, etc – not sure about headset / bb, in a nutshell, I love those frames but could it be used with modern forks and running gear?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yeah that would likely be a problem. You'd have a 1 1/8th" headset but probably no mounts for a rear disc brake. BB shouldn't be a problem though.

If you can't get the Yeti but want something of that era in Steel, then how about an Independent Fabrications? You could even get them to build something to replicate your original FRO.

MBI did a head to head test of the ARC with the IF Steel Deluxe (again, back in the day). The review was glowing about both bikes, but what it didn't say was that the tester loved the IF so much, he actually bought it.

Dylan08
    Free Member

The ARC im selling for my workmate is standard (1&1/8" headtube) and has I/S disc mount!! 🙂

He needs it gone asap mate – so if you and Alex arent interested we will ebay it me thinks

Ill be in touch later this eve

Dylan08
    Free Member

Think it weighs in at 22 / 23 lbs – nice and light!

Dylan08
    Free Member

YGM (pics) mate 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Dylan, just got your email, but no pics

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Cheers, got them now. I'll pass, thanks all the same. It's worth the money, but factoring the cost of new forks and a respray in (I know I sound like a moaning bugger but I couldnt cope with that yellow) would put it out of my range at present.

Dylan08
    Free Member

ygm 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘yeti arc’ is closed to new replies.