Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Yeti 575 v Spicy – Why does the Yeti climb so much better?
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Cool – thanks JVC – that’s really good to know. That’s pretty interesting as I thought it’d be shorter than the Men’s Orange five, but it’s actually slightly longer…Hmmm…

(Anyway, I’ve got a 70mm O/S stem so will probably wack that on – thanks for the tip)

Oh and a little flower on the Lappy is nothing compared to the ‘barbie pink’ Orange Diva! Still, I can’t say too much as Orange have been very good to me – plus hopefully the men’s 14″ will fit! 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

I found the Zesty climbed really well (and is quicker than I’m prepared to go DH :p ), pity you couldn’t get hold of a small demo though. Front-end is a bit light on steep techy climbs but that’s to be expected, think I’ll swap the forks for the 2010 Rev U-turns when they come out (although the Fox RL the 314 comes with is better than I expected).

dasnut
    Free Member

I have a zesty 714 (last years non-carbon model – carbon is for fishing rods, not bikes)
    I have also test ridden a 575 at wheelbase in the lakes.

as others have said, the 575 is flexy in the rear end, pretty spritely though. I don’t like that wierd carbon pivot thing in the seatstays either.
    zesty has a longer top tube which has allowed me to run a 50mm stem
    I suspect the 575 could be built lighter

zesty basically fit me better, is stiff in the rear end with a 10mm bolt through axle
    get rid of those fox forks off it (I have pikes on mine) as they will undoubtedly leak
    I’ll be taking it to the alps this year (doing passportes on it as a test before 2 weeks later in the year) will be interesting to see how it holds up versus my nomad

charliemort

I don’t like that wierd carbon pivot thing in the seatstays either.

dasnut – sounds like you rode the earlier version 575 – the new one is a lot stiffer?

dasnut
    Free Member

it was the new one – its that thin bit on the seatstay I am refering to….

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 v Spicy – Why does the Yeti climb so much better?’ is closed to new replies.