Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • yeti 575 v spesh enduro
  • easygirl

just swopped my 08 575 yeti for a sworks enduro carbon
    i thought the yeti would be a long term bike, theres no doubt they look fantastic, but riding it was a different kettle of fish, felt very loose on the carbon rear end, with loads of play.has anyone else found this with the yeti?
    the enduro, whilst not a boutique brand bike, looks great and rides much better than the yeti, covers the ground quicker, pedals much better with less pedal feedback, so i suppose it was my own fault for judging a bike by a few reviews on the internet and looks!!!!
    im made up with the new enduro
    not slagging the yeti off, was a great bike in many ways, but a bit too much play in the rear triangle for my taste, and too much bob when pedalling.
    be interesting to see how the long term test bike that STW have fairs

chakaping
    Free Member

too much bob when pedalling.

That was my main beef with my 575.

Replaced it with a Reign, and I like it better in every way. Even less glamorous than a Specialized too.

😉

guido

no flex on my 575.

loddrik
    Free Member

Too much flex on my 07 575 so I swapped it for a maverick ml7/5 which is much much stiffer.

rockitman

Love my 575. Absolutely love it. Think it was the singletrack review that said it’s a “sit down and pedal milemuncher” – so accurate.

Only other bike I have ridden that I enjoyed as much was a carbon Trek Top Fuel 9.9…

catnash
    Free Member

Same here. Got rid of my 04 575 to an Enduro, no comparison especially on off camber stuff. Haven’t tried the new 575. The new S-works I have now is a stunning bike. You can grab a bargain on frames.

uplink
    Free Member

I really haven’t noticed any pedal bob on my 575

easygirl

uplink
    i cant believe that, if i ride mine without the pro pedal on, it is bobbing all the time,
    like i said not slaging it off , i liked the bike, but wonder if its more hype than actual real riding experience that sells it

easygirl

uplink,
    sorry came over wrong, i believe waht you are saying, but cant see how 2 people can have such different views on the same bike

YetiFoz
    Free Member

Love my 07 575, sure you can see the suspension working, but not excessive.
    Did you have your air pressures set correctly?
    Mine climbs like a really good climbing thing.

P20

I’ve got the older 07 575 which is flexy, but its not that much of a problem. Never had any issues with bobbing, the pro-pedal sorts that out. All my opinion of course. I’ve never ridden the Enduro, but i’ve had a play on the FSR design over the years and its the bike i will always recommend to people as it just works 🙂

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I owned a 08 carbon yeti 575 and found that it flexed so much that it gave up and snapped !!!! The carbon looked like a waver thin biscuit , also I found that it bobbed badly and I was been overtaken on the uphills by everyone even with propeal on !!!!! looked great but I think 575 of travel is way to much ? another classic example od media hype dont believe it , my titus motolite was better !!!

easygirl

thanks, its good to know that others have noticed the traits,and look forward to seeing what the stw staff say about the long term test bike

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘yeti 575 v spesh enduro’ is closed to new replies.