Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Yeti 575 – Anyone got a Med in aberdeen I could have a go on?
  • marionheck
    Free Member

Thinking of buying one of these, but want to try one out as i think i am inbetween sizes. 5ft 9" have heard the frames come up quite large, so trying to work out if i want a small or large.

Any one in aberdeen willing to meet up for a ride so i could have a quick blast on their 575, i will bring beer to say thank you!!! Or even a small one?

Cheers

Dave

Hadge
    Free Member

Dave, I rode a medium and I'm 5ft 8ins and yes they do come up big but with a short 70mm stem, in-line post it was fine. I used mine for fast XC stuff but I could have easily rode a small size too. I never had any issues with the medium so if you can't get ride one it would be a safe choice.

marionheck
    Free Member

Hadge,

thank you very much. I think i will be fine with a med, but i was just wanting to try to make sure.

Cheers

Dave

Hadge
    Free Member

No probs. It's a pity you weren't local as we've got a medium and a small in the shop at the moment plus loads of other riders bikes you could try. Hope you get sorted and enjoy getting one as they are a very nice frame

Hadge

marionheck
    Free Member

where are you Hadge?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Sorry for jumping in,he works at BETD,Newcastle-Under-Lyme.He's right about the amount of 575s round here.
    I'm 5 10,ride a medium.It is a big bike,but a joy to ride.

bighendo
    Free Member

Hey Dave, i say your right, do try before you buy!
    and don't be swayed by others opinions,
    i'm only 5ft7in in my fishnets,
    most peeps would put me down for a small one!
    but i always/really, prefer/need 19inches,
    so persevere with your quest.

Hadge
    Free Member

Soz, been busy lol. The 575 is big for a medium but it felt very easy to flick round and was loads of fun on the downhill stuff, due to the slack head-angle more than anything. It never felt out of control over rocky stuff for a big bike and when riding over long distances, that cockpit felt so comfortable. If I was buying another I'd still go for the medium as it's easier fit into than a small where I think your choice of stem/seatpost would have a bigger impact on your riding than the frame size itself. Plus no bikes for life and later on a medium size bike would be easier sell than the small – just something to think about.

trail_rat
    Free Member

dave – sam the mechanic at edinburgh bikes has a medium 575 – they are quite long bikes tbh.

He only bought it last week from stuz at my work.

fwb2006
    Free Member

Got an XL in Aberdeen but presume that's no use to you.

druidh
    Free Member

There's a demo Medium in The Bike Chain in Edinburgh…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 – Anyone got a Med in aberdeen I could have a go on?’ is closed to new replies.