Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yeti 575 aluminium rear triangle, will it solve the failure problems
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Always hankered after a 575 and right now am in the market for a frameset. The only thing putting me off the Yeti is the numerous reports of rear triangles breaking. In fact its not just forum talk I know personally two people who snapped them. Some end up with several replacements over the years of owning a 575 or ASR.
    Whats re-invogorated my interest is finding out that the 2012 version has a redesigned all alloy back end this year. Any reports that this has solved the issue, or are there reports that they are still a bit prone to failure ?

Toasty

The new one is much more beefy, I think they’ve changed it to split from the ASR5 a bit. Quite a bit heavier too though, even the claimed weight jumped up by almost a pound, can’t see them exploding in the same way.

brianh
    Free Member

Its a great bike but does carry a bit of extra weight compared to my old Stumpy – I did all the research, demos etc and went for the new 2012 version with Reverb post – you won’t go wrong 😉

Denbighshire-20120630-00032 by brianhphotos2012, on Flickr

althepal

Had my old style 575 (2009/2010) for a coupla years and had no probs with my carbon back end at all..
    Landed some nice jumps and drops with it too and never had any major probs apart from needing to torque up the rear qr a bit more than I would normally..
    Edit- I have the one before brianh’s above.. If I had a choice I’d rather have bolt thru back end and tapered headtube tho!

althepal

Slight hijack here, sorry, brianh’s any idea how much yours weighs?
    I have revs on mine with a Thomson seatpost and is about 28.5Ibs.. Interested in the difference (putting aside slight weight gain caused by reverb obv..)

mrchrist

I cracked and snapped my 2008 model in a few places and they would only crash replacement it. I cracked my 2012 on the brake mount and they warranted it in 2 days…?

If I am being honest, if you are worrying about it snapping you they you either won’t or should look at something else with a more robust warranty.

brianh
    Free Member

[I have revs on mine with a Thomson seatpost and is about 28.5Ibs.. Interested in the difference (putting aside slight weight gain caused by reverb obv..)

Hi althepal – mine weighs in at 29 lbs with XT Race Kit, Reverb and DMR flats

P20

Something to consider. The 2011 with carbon is 5yr warranty, the 2012 alloy is 2yr…
    I’ve cracked my 2007 twice, first time changed under warranty, 2nd time repaired for £40

althepal

Cheers brianh. Trying to get mine under 28Ibs.. Tubeless next!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 aluminium rear triangle, will it solve the failure problems’ is closed to new replies.