Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yeti 575
  • Weasel
    Free Member

I’ve been considering going to one bike and getting rid of my 2 Santa Cruz’s, there are 2011 Yeti 575 frames up for a lot less than anything SC has on offer.

Seems like a good idea based on cost at the mo, any reason not to go over to Yeti?

armo
    Free Member

I’ve had and friends have had issues with rear triangles breaking near the rear drop outs, but if you buy new you will have a 5 year warranty. I found the 575 blows through its rear travel and has a flexy back end, so i sold mine and went back to cannondale.

dingabell
    Free Member

I bloody love my 575. I bought it to try and just run one bike and it suits everything I do perfectly from general singletrack to uplift days at Cwmcarn. Mine’s a 2009 with the carbon rear and I’m pretty sure the 2011 has a beefier rear end so you shouldn’t have too many problems with flex. If I wanted to change mine the only bike I fancy would be a newer 575.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m not sure where the 575 sits in Yeti’s line up at the moment. The ASR-5 is the fast “do everything” bike and the SB-66 is the slightly-more-hardcore AM bike. Both are more recent designs than the 575. To me, it just seems like an outdated model which has now become the budget option.

Having said that, they’re probably decent enough frames, and they’re not a lot of money (even compared to non-‘premium’ brands).

Weasel
    Free Member

Thanks for your thoughts, I’m borrowing a friends 575 and will take that for a spin tomorrow.

For the riding I do it seems to tick all the boxes – and at the right cost.

charliemort

brilliant bikes

yup – now have an alloy rear triangle, so a bit heavier

has got slightly lost between asr5 and sb66 – but quite a bit cheaper

i had 2 earlier ones and got on fine with them

Weasel
    Free Member

I enjoyed my brief spin on the 575 this morning but have now seen the AS-R 5 alloy frame for a bit more and it weighs in 1.5lbs less.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575’ is closed to new replies.